IGNORED

Pilgrim Publishes!

doc47

I don't know if he's let people know on this site yet, but Pilgrim (my favorite jack-booted fascist) has published a novel. Tracks in the Sand is about the Border Patrol and is set around El Paso, Texas. The book is available at Signcutter Press

He is already getting press about it and has had a successful book signing.

clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

George Brown

Neat. Looks like a good read! Should be a good follow up to "No Country for Old Men" which I read a couple of months ago and was much better than the movie as books always are. Congrats Pilgrim! clap.gif

Thanks for the plug, Doc, and thanks to the rest of you, too.

FYI, suck- uh, readers bought 47 copies at the signing.

I will, no joke, like to see critique (naturally, via PM if you hate it dopeslap.gif). I intend to write another and I'd like to know what to improve.

Kent

I will, no joke, like to see critique (naturally, via PM if you hate it dopeslap.gif). I intend to write another and I'd like to know what to improve.

Kent

I'll buy and read it.......if ya promise to answer the phone when I call...............this time.

grin.gif

Whip

russell_bynum

Kent

I'll buy and read it.......if ya promise to answer the phone when I call...............this time.

grin.gif

Whip

Now that's funny.

• 3 weeks later...
George Brown

Finished it today. I found it to be very entertaining. Perhaps you can follow Ken Travis' career with the BP ala W.E.B. Griffin and his characters. Could keep you in a lot of motorcycles and boats. grin.gif

Finished it today. I found it to be very entertaining. Perhaps you can follow Ken Travis' career with the BP ala W.E.B. Griffin and his characters. Could keep you in a lot of motorcycles and boats. grin.gif

That's more or less what I have in mind, George. There will be more, with the protagonist working in various Border Patrol tasks and locations. Miami in the 1970s was a lot of fun, and interesting.

My thanks to all who have bought it.

FYI, sometimes the sun shines on you in unexpected ways. I got a "to whom it may concern" email from Esquire magazine at the website for the National Association of Former Border Patrol Officers, a group I founded in 2006. They intend, in August, to run an article exploring the differing points of view of being arrested at the border after entering illegally. Esquire wanted to know if there was someone in NAFBPO who'd give them a Border Patrol perspective. Naturally, I told them I would. And I did, for an hour yesterday. The writer, a guy named Hefernan, said he was very happy with the interview, that te stories and insights I had for him were just what he was looking for. Best of all, he said they'd be happy to plug the book when they introduce me in the header of the interview. That could deliver a bunch of sales.

Or perhaps they'll change their editorial minds - you never know until you see it in print.

Kent

russell_bynum

Cool!

I just finished it a few minutes ago...great read!

All of the detail about the terrain, the locations, the weapons, vehicles, etc really painted a wonderful picture of what was going on. I liked the change of font to a typewriter font for the letters home, and the occasional stuck-key Typo gave it that extra bit of authenticity.

I liked the mixing of some Spanish in here and there, too.

I'd definitely buy and read the continuing adventure of our hero.

I do not get much time to read but this book had me at the first chapter.

My only complaint is that I need a pillow to hold the book up as I read. Then again I am glad you didn't write a skinny good book.

You sure can write Kent. I'm sure you are proud. You should be.

I keep thinking there is going to be sand in my shoes.

Archived