IGNORED

Indianapolis Hotels

jrcarpenter

jrcarpenter

Can anyone tell me where the best area is to stay? going to the races in Sept, need a room to sleep. don't want to end-up in a bad area of town.

I don't know that it's a good place to be when staying for the races but I'm partial to the Hilton on West Market Street. There're plenty of good restaurants within a block or two and walking around monument circle and the capitol building are nice to do. I've also stayed at a very nice Doubletree in Carmel (North side of Indianapolis) but you have to drive to everything from there.

I live in Indianapolis, if that makes me an expert. If it were me, I'd choose one of the hotels downtown. Indy's downtown is safe and will be the place to be that weekend. There's a wide variety of price points downtown too, ranging from the Hilton Conrad to Hampton Inn. PM me if you have more specific questions and I'd be happy to help out.

Also, the north side is a good area, but like the other poster mentioned, you'll have to drive everywhere and won't be near the 'action'.

Archived