IGNORED

....... and now we wait !

Francois_Dumas

Francois_Dumas

I didn't KNOW I was slightly claustrophobic..... although my love for wide open spaces, be it mountain tops, beaches or riding a motorcycle might have given it away grin.gif

When you get shoved into a scanning tube like a hotdog in a sandwich, it somehow doesn't feel 'right'.

Anyway, that's done.... now we wait. Having a look at the resulting pictures apparently has to take the doc 9 whole days (where I would have thought to hold the thing into the light, check for 'funny stuff', and give a verdict.... 5 minutes, right? NOT).

I'll report back on April 3..... now I have to work on our ski report first. Priorities! wink.gif

Firefight911

If I may, can I ask what the purpose of said trip through the tube was for?

Regardless, the Challinor family is sending our prayers and best wishes your way. thumbsup.gifwave.gif

Francois_Dumas
If I may, can I ask what the purpose of said trip through the tube was for?

To see if there is really anything inside my skull lmao.gifgrin.gif

I have had some vision problems (with my eyes, not otherwise) and saw a neurologist a few weeks ago. He thinks it is because of the migraines, but wanted to make sure nothing else is at fault. So they put me in a scanner today.....

Funny thing is, I haven't had much headaches ever since I saw the doc and went on holiday afterwards.... hope it stays this way smile.gif

Thanks for your good wishes all..... I am already much more optimistic than a few weeks ago !

Jerry_75_Guy

Thanks for your good wishes all..... I am already much more optimistic than a few weeks ago !

They say ignorance is bliss, but whoever came up with that one never had to wait on important test results.

We're all in your corner my friend, and sending you positive prayers and healing thoughts!!

We're all hoping for the best for you.

When I took my trip into the tube a few years ago (similar symptoms to yours), I knew I was claustrophobic. It wigged me out a little, but the bigger surprise was how noisy it was--all kinds of thumps, clicks, clacks, and buzzes. The place I went gave you earphones (the type that transmit sound through hollow tubes) and let you choose from a small library of CDs. That helped, but it was still a weird experience.

Francois_Dumas

Yes, roger on the noise, Mike. I got some earplugs, but I think my own would have been better ! The CD player was broken.... crazy.gif

Your own (earphones) have metallic components that might have blown up in the tube and embedded themselves firmly into your skull thus given positive results as far as having anything inside of your skull is concerned. lmao.gif

Btw, I have been thru the tube too and it does get kinda clastrophobic in there and surprisingly noisy. Glad when it's over.

Try not to dwell on the results, put it on a shelf 'til April 03.

Jurgen

Sooooo, if the scan comes back negative, is that a good thing? grin.gif

Please forgive me, I couldn't resist that open door.

Still praying all, & you, is well. wave.gif

Calvin  (no socks)

Hoping for a good outcome.....

I fell asleep in a closed tube machine... very relaxing...Mind over matter you know.... just don't cover me with dirt.... dopeslap.gif

Paul_Burkett

I normally go to sleep in those MRI tubes, they are noisy, but it doesn't bother me at all.

I hope they find the reason for those head aches, mysteries are not good when it comes to physical problems.

Francois_Dumas
smile.gif Paul, I'll be happy already when they do NOT find anything..... after 50 years with pain I am used to it....

Funny thing is, I haven't had much headaches ever since I saw the doc and went on holiday afterwards....

...sOUNDS lIKE an extended "holiday" might be in order - eh?????

All the best -

Archived