IGNORED

Utilitarian Engineer attempts to get creative with web page.

SSchuckman

I volunteer as the webmaster/web-designer for a few organizations, one being the BMW Motorcycle Owners of Alabama, of which I am a member. As an Engineer I tend to be direct and to the point with no frills and that is reflected on our web site, http://www.bmwmoal.org/ That has worked out well since the site is used mostly by our members only. But since our "Great Chicken Rally" is attended by riders all over the United States, I thought the Rally page deserved a little more flair. Although I don't have a "marketing" bone in my body, this is my first attempt at creating a web page with a broader appeal - here is the link http://www.bmwmoal.org/rally2008.htm

I would appreciate feedback from people who are in the business of being creative or anyone else who wants to comment. Did I get our message across, did you enjoy viewing the page, does it look professional, etc?

BTW: I can't take credit for the 2008 rally logo (the chicken and the space ship).

Thanks much,

Steve

Francois_Dumas

Hi Steve,

looked it over and yes, it does get the message across, so mission accomplished :-)

Do you plane to display it 'within' the regular site or have people jump to a new window like it does now? (At one point I think I had 4 windows open from within links on the main site).

Is it professional? Heck, I don't know..... if it looks good, tells what I need to know and doesn't crash my PC... who cares !? grin.gif

Francois (fellow webmaster)

Francois,

Thanks for your comments.

Do you plan to display it 'within' the regular site or have people jump to a new window like it does now?

I considered displaying it "within" the regular site framework, but with the regular header and menu it seemed a little crowded.

Francois_Dumas

True, you'd have to squeeze the page and the header picture a little..... and perhaps use a slightly smaller font (like on the 2007 page?). It might be worth experimenting with it though, since it would make for a more integrated site that way and visitors would still have the menu on the left for further reading/browsing.

Archived