IGNORED

Help needed: Syquest Jaz drive - anyone still have one?

Gregori

I have two 1GB Jaz discs (carts), with some old archived work on them. At this point, I'm not even sure what!

I haven't had a drive in years, but I'd kinda like to get the contents off of these. If anyone here happens to have a drive, and would be willing to move the data, I'd be grateful. I'll provide the DVD-R or a few CD-Rs, of course, and you can even keep the Jaz carts!

I have two 1GB Jaz discs (carts), with some old archived work on them. At this point, I'm not even sure what!

I haven't had a drive in years, but I'd kinda like to get the contents off of these. If anyone here happens to have a drive, and would be willing to move the data, I'd be grateful. I'll provide the DVD-R or a few CD-Rs, of course, and you can even keep the Jaz carts!

I thought Jaz drives/disks were made by Iomega, the big brother to the Zip disk? Did they get bought out at some point by Syquest?

Edit: Yup, Iomega.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaz_disc

Yep - it is Iomega. Sorry.

I also have a few SyJet carts of the Syquest persuasion (and had that on my mind, obviously), but I already have a friend with a working drive to recover those files...

Steve - Yep, could probably get one for ~$20, plus an adapter to plug the thing in for another $20 or so. (They're all SCSI, and none of the computers here have that, other than my old Mac SE!)

Thanks, I didn't think you were rude at all...

I suppose I could buy one, and then resell it, but it just seems simpler to see if anyone had one still...

I have a couple. One works. You don't live in San Diego anymore....too bad.

Send your Jaz disks to me and I can get the data off em.

M

Thanks boss!

PM me your mailing addy, and they'll be on the way in a jiffy...

(If you'd rather upload the files than burn 'em to disc, let me know, and I'll set up a login on my FTP server.)

Archived