IGNORED

Getting old is easy, getting the replacement parts is no fun.

Bud

Complete right shoulder last Tuesday, home on Thursday. Dr said I waited too long as the head of the femur had worn away all the cartilage and has worn a hole in the scapula all the way thru the back side.

Now I have a good chrome moly ball working against a HDPE socket.

Recovery will be longer than I hoped. I don't know how much riding I will get in this year. Won't go to PT at the hospital for 5 more weeks.

Doing mobility exercises at home with Nancy being the supervising nurse.

My goal is to be pain free and have greater range of motion in my right arm.

If all goes well, Nova Scotia in August? That's the goal and Nancy is talking about flying out and joining me for a few days. clap.gif Since most of you don't know her, this is are real change.

Les is more

Whew! Glad you're back home. I'm sorry that the recovery will be extended. How wonderful that Nancy is ready for Nova Scotia.

Listen to nurse Nancy!

DavidEBSmith

I thought the femur was the thigh bone. Might need a second opinion if its wearing through your scapula.

The thigh bone connected to the . . . shoulder bone. Dem bones dem bones . . .

I thought the femur was the thigh bone. Might need a second opinion if its wearing through your scapula.

Now your just trying to be 'humerus'... grin.gif

Heck just keep working on the recovery program that the doctors will have you on. I had some major surgery in mid December and I worked on a program to ride by mid Feb. I got a short ride in late Jan and then a 300 miler in mid Feb. Just go to the rehab clinic, be sure to ask your doctor about ordering you to go........you can do it, just keep pushing the envelope......... thumbsup.gif

Francois_Dumas

Heal well Bud. Getting old is easy indeed, but not much fun at times. Good thing you have a 'nurse' !! smile.gifthumbsup.gif

Beer cans don't have arms????????

Take care my friend. I expect some interesting discussion starters while your rehabin.

Try to stay away from Guns and Global Warming.

How about needle point and quilting???????

grin.gif

Whip

Paul Mihalka

Heal well and fast, Bud. I know the feeling. You will have withdrawal syndromes. With my tibial plateau fracture I'm without riding for over three month. I probably do have a knee replacement in my future because of it. I hope to ride in a few weeks, right now one of my exercises is sitting on the bike with it on the center stand and doing stand-ups grin.gif . I hope your shoulder heals faster.

Better living thru chemistry now means that the names of bones have changed for those of us who are existing on a different celestial plane. lmao.gif

I swear Whip, it's the drugs talking.

Thanks for all of your concern. This is a tough crowd but I

'm gonna have to learn to take much more when the real PT starts.

So think of me today when you are out riding. I will be wishing I could be there with you.

PS Rush L. has nothing on me in the drug department and mine are legal. thumbsup.gif

Speedy recovery to you, you must have been in alot of pain before the OP.

BTW, what's up in Nova Scotia in August, sounds like something interesting?

Jurgen

Bud,

Heal well, and completely.

Beth and I spent 2 weeks in Nova Scotia, rode all of the trails.

Order the Doers and Dreamers Guide from the Nova Scotia Tourism folks.

The Cat saves time on your way over.

We spent most nights at B&B's, there are many, made reservations well in advance.

Feel free to PM is you wish.

Best wishes.

Some of the BMW MOA folks are having what they call "The Salty Fog Rally".

This will be the second annual. thumbsup.gif

LOL Paul,

I thought you said you therapy was sitting on the bike and making vroom, vroom noises. Even I could do that. thumbsup.gif

Regards

Glad to here the aftermarket hardware interfaces well.

It's a b%tch when they rob some other part of your body or someone elses for the spares.

Care.

Glad your doing better and mending. Sure beats the alternative. Goal setting is a good thing. Enjoy Nova Scotia in August! And, make sure you pay your "supervising nurse" very well.thumbsup.gif

Bud,

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I remember your kindness & good wishes when I had my partial knee replacement. Hated it at the time but turned out it was the best thing I could have done. It will be for you too! thumbsup.gif

I hope yours is a speedy recovery.

Another opportunity to break out a dog-trainer pun: HEAL!

What did the bacon ask the ailing ham? "Are you cured yet?"

I better quit before I have to start dodging rotten produce projectiles.

Wishing you (and your nurse) all the best for your recovery.

Archived