IGNORED

Moving help.

Wyn

Anyone in the Gainsville Florida area? I will be moving there in May or June. Is there a BMW shop there? Is there a independent BMW mechanic in the area?

I will be living on a shoestring budget for a while. I don't want to live in the Hood but someplace reasonable. I would like a place with a garage to keep Nubb and tools in. A guest house or mother-in-law apt. would be fantastic.

Are there any good twisty roads in the area? Will I have to beware of drunk college kids all the time? Are there any 50 or so single women that ride in the area? Or maybe even 30 or 40 year old that like older men? I'm sure I won't get an answer on the last two but hey, I'm single now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Oh, and if you live up that way, let's ride!! thumbsup.gif

Wyn

believe you will enjoy living in that part of florida. football saturdays will be the only hassle unless you're going to the games. BMW dealers in daytona, tallahassee, orlando, tampa area (as you prolly know). if any other up that way i'm sure someone will chime in.

We have many friends, and customers in the area, including the Alachua County Sherrif's Dept.

They ride RT-P's that we service.

College kids, yes, be vigilant.

Game days, make that home game weekends, bring a lot of traffic, increased lodging prices.

Roads?

There are some nice ones in the area.

Women?

You'll find out... smirk.gif

there are some real nice roads west of G'ville around the Trenton and Chiefland areas, some nice roads west of I-75 going through High Springs and Bronson and of course the Horse country from Ocala north through Micanopy area.

If you are on a budget I would stay out of Gainesville proper and maybe look in the Newberry, Alachua or High Springs area to live in a little more redneck but cheaper to live in.

Look at it from the positive side: it means you will have to RIDE places to meet people ! grin.gif

Right again, Mr. Dumas. Besides, no one wants to ride with me anyway. I'm elitest, I bash Harley's and their riders, and I go to damn fast. lmao.gif

Hope your well Francois, and your weather is improving. thumbsup.gif

Look at it from the positive side: it means you will have to RIDE places to meet people ! grin.gif

Right again, Mr. Dumas. Besides, no one wants to ride with me anyway. I'm elitest, I bash Harley's and their riders, and I go to damn fast. lmao.gif

Wyn, if you can keep up with the softail you can ride with me...

I'm an elitist too, I don't like snobs, just motorcyclists... lmao.gif

Wyn, if you can keep up with the softail ....

I don't think he'll have a problem in keeping up with it, but LISTENING to it? That there may be another thing. grin.gif

Wyn, if you can keep up with the softail ....

I don't think he'll have a problem in keeping up with it, but LISTENING to it? That there may be another thing. grin.gif

It's easier to listen to than you are Dan... lmao.giflmao.gif

I stopped by to show you the RT but y'all weren't home!

I stopped by to show you the RT but y'all weren't home!

Yeah, some of us have to work for a livin'.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled thread.

Wyn, if you can keep up with the softail you can ride with me...

I'm an elitist too, I don't like snobs, just motorcyclists... lmao.gif

Okay Matt, when I move to Gainsville it's you and me pal. Flat out on the twisties. If there are any. wave.gif

Okay Matt, when I move to Gainsville it's you and me pal. Flat out on the twisties. If there are any. wave.gif

Deal. right to the first bar...

I'll be on the harley after all. lmao.giflmao.gif

Yeah, some of us have to work for a livin'.

I know, but I didn't think LL liked driving the truck that much..... wave.giflmao.gif

And it was about 5:45....

Deal. right to the first bar...

I'll be on the harley after all. lmao.giflmao.gif

Will you be wearing cowboy boots? eek.gif

The only thing I ask is that when we come to a light (and your behind me) that you give me a few bike lenghts. Oh, and would you put your stock pipes back on? lmao.gif

Will you be wearing cowboy boots? eek.gif

The only thing I ask is that when we come to a light (and your behind me) that you give me a few bike lenghts. Oh, and would you put your stock pipes back on? lmao.gif

No cowboy boots, and sadly, the stock pipes are in a storage unit in San Diego...

Fortunately, I do have lots of steel wool and I repack the baffles often. so, there... lmao.gif

People I know only go there if they've lost a bet. smirk.gif

Wanna know why it's called Hogtown?

Tallahassee has some positives.

1988: Money Magazine's Southeast's three top medium size cities in which to live.

• 1992: Awarded Tree City USA by National Arbor Day Foundation

• 1999: Awarded All-America City Award by the National Civic League

• 2003: Awarded Tree Line USA by the National Arbor Day Foundation.

• 2006: Awarded "Best In America" Parks and Recreation by the National Recreation and Park Association.

• 2007: Recognized by Kiplinger's Personal Finance Magazine as one of the "Top Ten College Towns for Grownups" (ranking second, behind Chapel Hill, North Carolina)

• 2007: Ranked second on Epodunk's list of college towns.[9]

Gainesville does have some positives.

In April 2003, Gainesville became known as the healthiest community in the United States when it achieved the first and only “Gold Well City” award given by the Wellness Councils of America (WELCOA)[9]. Headed up by Gainesville Health & Fitness Centers, and with the support of Shands HealthCare and the Gainesville-area Chamber of Commerce, 21 businesses comprising 60 percent of the city’s workforce became involved in the “Gold Well City” effort. As of March 2008, Gainesville remained the only city in the country to reach the achievement.

And,

The National Coalition for the Homeless cited Gainesville in 2004 as the 5th meanest city for their criminalization of homelessness.[17] The city of Gainesville has a number of ordinances that target the homeless, including an anti-panhandling measure, restrictions on groups that give free meals, and a measure making it illegal to sleep outside on public property. In response, the Gainesville City Commission wrote a 10 Year Plan to End Homelessness.[18]

Gainesville is renowned in the recreational drug culture for "Gainesville Green", a particularly potent strain of marijuana. Orange and Blue magazine published a full-length article in Fall of 2003 about the history of Gainesville Green and the local marijuana culture in general.[19] In the mid-1990s there were several Gainesville Hemp Festivals which took place outside of the Alachua county courthouse

It's called Hogtown because of the creek that runs through it. And you thought it was going to be something rude... grin.gif

I grew up in the Tampa area, and there's no amount of money that would make it worth going back there for me.

G-ville, maybe but not so much. Tally I would consider, but I think Gainesville has a better local music scene. It's been so long since I spent any time there I don't know for sure.

I still like the Panhandle/big bend area. As a native Floridian, I tend to think of that area as the "Real Florida."

Wyn---Tampa to Gainesville. Now why would you do that? lurker.gif

Rich, work my friend and the money$$$.

Apply online, apply online, no humanity anymore. I've been doing it for months now and not 1 call. In fact I get emails before I finish the app. that there are no positions open and they posted openings that morning. Not only that, I paste my resume then have to give them all the info. that's already on the resume. Piss on em all!!

The person I'll be working for knows me, knows what I'm capable of and we get along well. Plus the money is extremely good. None of this $10.00 an hour crap. I'll go where he needs me and he doesn't have to worry about the accounts not being cared for.

Plus, I won't have to deal with my future Ex wife. thumbsup.giflmao.gif

P.S. Besides Tim says they got that "Gainsville Green" up there. Although it will be a while before I buy a house. I always wanted a nice green lawn! lmao.gif

I grew up in the Tampa area, and there's no amount of money that would make it worth going back there for me.

G-ville, maybe but not so much. Tally I would consider, but I think Gainesville has a better local music scene. It's been so long since I spent any time there I don't know for sure.

I still like the Panhandle/big bend area. As a native Floridian, I tend to think of that area as the "Real Florida."

Dude, you live in Jacksonville..??!! lmao.gif

nuttin wrong with Jville....after all we do have....Matt, Danny. Jim, Bill and other great pictures hanging on the post office walls. lmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

Archived