IGNORED

Dogs and Cellphones

DaveTheAffable

DaveTheAffable

I learned something this week. Dogs... like this one,

250502428_sH6pN-M.jpg

Like cell phones and Blackberrys... like this one,

268033849_fNpbs-XL.jpg

The phone was not insured, and cost me HUNDREDS to replace. A search on google showed that LOTS of dogs chew up cell phones. I asked a friend who is a dog handler why my dog Zorro, had suddenly decided to eat my Blackberry. He said, "You hold it in your hand, next to your face all day. It smells like you, and tastes better than your stinky shoes."

The dog sleeps outside more now, and the Blackberry is on my nightstand. dopeslap.gif

DaveTheAffable
I'd put the blackberry outside and curl up with my friend.

Poor guy, he didn't know it wasn't a chew toy.

Well, he is my buddy. I didn't discipline him at all. I actually got him some new chew toys that I rotate

so that he'd have somethin' more appropriate to gnaw on. grin.gif

He still sleeps in more often than not when someone is home to keep an 'ear' on him.

HairyCannonball

Oh thats good..I feel your pain about the Blackberry. My little "angel" decided my custom built solid walnut grandfather clock was a good chew toy. Oh well, she didn't know.

Nice picture of your friend btw. He's a handsome feller.

Tim

I learned something this week. Dogs... Like cell phones and Blackberrys...

Hey, thanks for letting the rest of us know about this canine attraction for blackberrys! I'm rather fond on my blackberry AND my dog. He has not shown any interest in the blackberry yet, but I wouldn't trust him alone with it. He has done some pretty nasty things to my gym bag! smile.gif

Calvin  (no socks)

I just put my dogs on a wireless plan from Sprint, with a Motorolla blue tooth headset, they have unlimited minutes and pay for it themselvs with an Amex Blue card....DAMHIK.... dopeslap.gif

Joe Frickin' Friday
I asked a friend who is a dog handler why my dog Zorro, had suddenly decided to eat my Blackberry. He said, "You hold it in your hand, next to your face all day. It smells like you, and tastes better than your stinky shoes."

I'm thinking the dog is jealous. A friend/coworker/lunch buddy of mine answers his cell phone all the time during lunch. They're always business-related calls, so I can't really blame him for answering, but it does make me feel like I'm low priority when he does it. I wonder if your dog feels the same way when you stop interacting with him while you're on the phone?

Maybe your dog has the right idea; tomorrow I'll try gnawing on my buddy's phone...

I just put my dogs on a wireless plan from Sprint, with a Motorolla blue tooth headset, they have unlimited minutes and pay for it themselvs with an Amex Blue card....DAMHIK....

lmao.gif Terrific solution, get them their own mobile plan with unlimited minutes, but give them their own card? Might be dangerous. I had to take away my dog's mastercard because I caught him ordering a case of Pup-Peroni online late one night. dopeslap.gif

A friend recently got a new wiener dog puppy that chewed up two of his hearing aids! eek.gif

The hearing aid people said it wasn't that uncommon. They mentioned that if you don't turn the aids off, they can squeal, attracting the dog.

My dog ate my cellphone when he was a pup. He ate a lot of things including my wife's new cashmere sweater. It took her a long time to warm up to that dog...

Lone_RT_rider
..... He ate a lot of things including my wife's new cashmere sweater. It took her a long time to warm up to that dog...

Pa-dum dum... He's here all week folks, two show's a night... please remember to tip your waitstaff. grin.giflmao.gif

Shawn

... please remember to tip your waitstaff. grin.giflmao.gif

Cuz if it wasn't for them, you wouldn't be drunk and this $tuff would be no fun whatsoever!~~~

lmao.gif

A friend/coworker/lunch buddy of mine answers his cell phone all the time during lunch. They're always business-related calls, so I can't really blame him for answering, but it does make me feel like I'm low priority when he does it.
You can stop feeling like you're low priority, you are. He is saying "I'm going to take this call now because it's probably more important than you & our relationship". A lot like people at stores who answer their phone while waiting on you and then make you wait thru their call before finishing checking you out...whatever happened to first come first served?

I get enormous amounts of crap about why I don't answer my cell phone whenever someone calls. For some reason folks seem to think because it's there and it rings we must answer. I answer if it's convenient for me and I feel like talking. Just because I have a phone doesn't mean I will allow myself to be interrupted by the random calls of others.

Don't even get me started about the guys who can't bear to be off their phones even while staring at the wall in the mens room! confused.gif

[slight hijack/inflamatory comment]

July 2008!!! No more cell phone holding while driving in California.

You can bet your you-know-what there will be a lot of those tickets written before the novelty wears off smile.gif.

(Apologies in advance to all those true multi-taskers on this board, who 'safely' ride, speed, lane-split and carry on a conversation all at the same time, the nanny state has just added another law to keep you down... smirk.gif.)

Maybe your dog was trying to do you a favor and keep you from getting a ticket grin.gif.

I wish my dog would eat my Blackberry. It would finally be a peaceful weekend, and I could give a "dog ate my homework" type excuse come Monday. smirk.gif

DaveTheAffable
Maybe you should get a phone that doesn't have 'berry' as part of the name... tongue.gif
I was thinking... if he had actually dialed the darn thing it would have been,

"A Call of the Wild" lmao.gif

Maybe you should get a phone that doesn't have 'berry' as part of the name... tongue.gif
I was thinking... if he had actually dialed the darn thing it would have been,

"A Call of the Wild" lmao.gif

Hey, at least this way he didn't bite into your airtime...

Or, maybe he just wanted a taste of the cellular era...

smirk.gif

Yeah, yeah, I won't quit my day job grin.gif

Beemerchef, what a great pic!

Aiding and abetting a hijack:

California may be "The Mommy State" but banning cellphones while driving makes just as much sense as banning drunk driving. Reasonably well-designed studies have shown that a person talking on a cell phone while driving is just as impaired as a person legally intoxicated.

There. Said my piece. End of hijack.

doc

Visiting friends last week I had the pleasure of greeting two giant Saluki wanna be's, Boo and Tre. I left my BB on a table, at one end of the house, out of earshot.

Within an hour Boo approaches me excitedly. He then proceeds to shepherd me towards that end of the house where my BB lays ringing.

Nice Boo.

<pardon my hyjack>

Michael your avatar has morphed over the years and it is scary grin.gif

<end of hyjack - taking it to PM>

Archived