IGNORED

Legislatin' Beer in Alabama

DavidEBSmith

DavidEBSmith

There's an old saying about how you should never watch either sausage or law being made if you hope to enjoy them in the future. Courtesy of the Free the Hops organization and Reason magazine, we get to hear the Alabama legislature debating on a subject near and dear to many of us - good beer, and whether Alabamans can be trusted with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEFDVc6XCcc

You do want to stick around to hear Rep. Alvin Holmes:

"What's the matter with the beer we got? I mean, the beer we got drink pretty good, don't it? I ain't never heard nobody complain about the, uh, beer we have. It drink pretty good, don't it? Budweiser. What's the names of some of them other beers?..."

I gonna put this on my MP3 player for whenever I need a little taste of the South . . .

Hallelulah Brothers and Sisters...

4 years to pass? We'll see if the Senate can screw it up.

Craft beers DO drank purty good.

Gonna have one now to celebrate.

MB>

I gonna put this on my MP3 player for whenever I need a little taste of the South . . .

I certainly understand how you can benefit from a good breath of fresh air from time to time. thumbsup.gif

Calvin  (no socks)

Oh no.... I consumed illegal beverages at BBB..... I didn't know how hard it was to get premium beer in Alabama....Perhaps Forrest Gump should have had a cool one in the movie.....direct from Germany.... grin.gif

I'm not sure how much a person who gets excited about a Sonic coming to town (or lusting after In'N'Out, for that matter) should be making fun.

Hey, hey, let's don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. I lust after "In 'N' Out" too. grin.gif

DavidEBSmith

I'm not sure how much a person who gets excited about a Sonic coming to town (or lusting after In'N'Out, for that matter) should be making fun.

I've never admitted this publicly before, but one branch of my family was from Indiana, and that branch spreads into Kentucky and Tennessee. I do have some relatives that only need a toothbrush, not a teethbrush.

good beer, and whether Alabamans can be trusted with it.

Anything over 6% is just too dangerous and should be heavily regulated. Possession should be limited to government agencies and only professionals should be allowed to handle it - what if some of this beer got into the hands of a child? They could accidentally kill themselves.

Do you have any idea how many people are killed by drunks every year? It's staggering. Alcohol causes liver disease and poor judgment. People who carry these beers around do stupid things because it makes them think they are more powerful. I don't want to have to worry about being run down by a drunk driver.

Any of this beer that's not being imbibed should have a federally mandated cap lock installed, and the sale of these beers should be contingent upon a background check and waiting period. Home brewers should not be allowed to give their friends beer without approval by a federally licensed beer dealer.

What if some maniac was allowed to walk into a 7-11 after a terrible day to buy a bunch of beer, get drunk, and crash into a school bus full of kids killing them all?

We should ban this beer, it's for the good of our chillins.

DavidEBSmith

When gourmet beer is outlawed, only outlaws will have gourmet beer.

"when they pry it from my icy-cold, unconscious hand . . . "

"when they pry it from my icy-cold, unconscious hand . . . "

Ha!

I was going to make you a nice picture of your buddy Charlie Heston holding a beer bottle over his head...

I can't imagine how sad you are I don't have photoshop here at work.

Lone_RT_rider
Oh, man you should've seen the reaction over on the home-brewing DB I frequent when this came up! BangHead.gif

Yeah... I can only imagine... crazy.gif

Life without Hefe'.... is there really such a thing? eek.gifdopeslap.gif

Shawn

Life without Hefe'.... is there really such a thing? eek.gifdopeslap.gif

Of course there is life-however lackluster it might be to the average homebrewer. And, even though it isn't the same, you can console yourself with a good IPA or steam beer. grin.gif

Except, apparently, in Alabama-where you have to drink Bud/Miller/Coors. bncry.gif

PhillyFlash

Yeah, I found a Florida gun safety training video, too:

http://tinyurl.com/2k6973

Sonic. Don't you just love those commercials.

Archived