IGNORED

Help / Advice On Setting Up Non-Profit Web Site

Newt

My SO is involved with setting up a new non profit organization to help support widows in Africa. She wants to set up a web site to provide information and take donations via credit card. I helped set up a web site for our company years ago on the cheap using Front Page, but that was light years ago in terms of IT. What is the cheapest way to get a domain name and s basic web development program? She would prefer a straight .com or .org without any reference to yahoo, hotmail, or some other company in the domain name. She would like to be able to accept donations on the web site. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

I don't have any recommendations for web development software, but I can recommend Hostmonster http://www.hostmonster.com/ as a hosting and registration company. Domains are $10.00 per year and hosting is reasonable, around $80.00 per year. I currently have 10 domains registered with them. Keep in mind it is a shared resource and it won't support hundreds of concurrent users, but it has been reliable.

I still have one domain with 1and1. They are OK, but their Control Panel is archaic.

Archived