IGNORED

guns

taters

don't know of any felonies that are not serious offenses.

Bringing a $5000 hooker from NYC to DC?

A clear case of assault with a friendly weapon.

Dick_at_Lake_Tahoe_NV
I don't know of any felonies that are not serious offenses.

Bringing a $5000 hooker from NYC to DC? tongue.gif

I would call that a serious case of felony stupidity.. lmao.gif

When God created Man the good news was he gave him a Brain and a Penis--the bad news is he only gave him enough Blood to use one of them at a time.

I don't know of any felonies that are not serious offenses.

Bringing a $5000 hooker from NYC to DC? tongue.gif

I would call that a serious case of felony stupidity.. lmao.gif

When God created Man the good news was S he gave him a Brain and a Penis--the bad news is S he only gave him enough Blood to use one of them at a time.

Fixed for you. wink.gif

milesandmiles

I know this thread a grown legs but I just HAVE to add my two cents. I believe that the Hitu's and Tutsi"s are killing each other en mass with machetes and clubs. Not having a gun will not stop those intent on doing harm. This point is simply to shed light on the dark side of human nature. Now consider the recent campus killings. You have a madman with a gun having become the most powerful person there by virtue of his posession of a firearm amidst so many without. Picture just how far these nuts would get if just 5% of the student body and faculty were licensed concealed weapons permit holders. The sheep become the wolves. In a nation with such an extensive history of firearms ownership you will never, and I mean NEVER get all the guns. Make them illegal and the only people without them are law abiding citizens. The very people whom you're trying to disarm will be able to procure an illegal firearm with little effort. Reference Washington DC.All this acedemic and philisophical crap means nothing to someone intent on victimizing you, he has no philosophy.

I believe that the Hitu's and Tutsi"s are killing each other en mass with machetes and clubs.

Yes, but the Hutu are also using rifles, and as a result 3/4 of the 800,000+ casualties are Tutsi.

Starting in 1979 Rwandans had to demonstrate a need to own a firearm, and all were registered. So if you are a Tutsi, how well do you think you'd do demonstrating to Hutu government that you need a firearm?

Before the genocide began, The Hutu distributed large caches of rifles to their troops.

In other words, Rwanda is yet another case of registration leading to confiscation leading to genocide.

Not having a gun will not stop those intent on doing harm.

I agree, just pointing out a few things about Rwanda.

milesandmiles

Thankyou for the background, I was not aware of the involvement of firearms. Everything I've read and seen implied that most deaths were from cuts, blunt force, and burnings. The shootings sure didn't get much press. Now, I want every one to listen to that old song "Eve of Destruction". It's the 60's all over again man. bncry.gif

wow!!!!i had no idea i would start a riot here. all i was interested in doing was to tell people where they could get a great deal on guns. budsgunshop.com i not mean to start this. one more time....over 200,000 home invasions last year so the chances of it happening to you is slim. but if it does and these thugs decide they want more than robbing you, like having some fun with your wife or daughter, or little boy than you will be thanking taters forever. if you don't have a weapon and some training than you will never ever forgive yourself..... taters

wow!!!!i had no idea i would start a riot here. all i was interested in doing was to tell people where they could get a great deal on guns.
Riiiiight...
...i not mean to start this. one more time....over 200,000 home invasions last year so the chances of it happening to you is slim. but if it does and these thugs decide they want more than robbing you, like having some fun with your wife or daughter, or little boy than you will be thanking taters forever. if you don't have a weapon and some training than you will never ever forgive yourself..... taters

My most heartfelt sympathy for those who live in such fear and/or paranoia. Hopefully a gun will provide the comfort, security or strength you need.

...i not mean to start this. one more time....over 200,000 home invasions last year so the chances of it happening to you is slim. but if it does and these thugs decide they want more than robbing you, like having some fun with your wife or daughter, or little boy than you will be thanking taters forever. if you don't have a weapon and some training than you will never ever forgive yourself..... taters

My most heartfelt sympathy for those who live in such fear and/or paranoia. Hopefully a gun will provide the comfort, security or strength you need.

And may those who choose to live in blissful ignorance and believe it could never happen to them or their loved ones never find they were mistaken..

My neighbors in Miami were the victims of a home invasion.

Tied up, beaten, robbed.

Another friend, a teacher, was home invaded, and murdered.

There are more, personal ones.

I've had a man try to force his way into my house.

I'm still here.

Would that nobody ever had to deal w/this type of behavior, but, it happens.

Best wishes for a crime free existence.

And may those who choose to live in blissful ignorance and believe it could never happen to them or their loved ones never find they were mistaken..
I would argue the ones who believe owning a gun will protect them and their loved ones are in fact the ones living in "blissful ignorance". But alas the argument of guns is one of passion not logic. If one looked at statistics and based their decisions on statistics they would find that keeping a loaded gun in their home provides (statistically speaking) no change in their life expectancy or the chance of their home being burglarized...

If you're truly concerned for the safety of your "loved ones", then get a BIG SCARY dog - say a doberman or shepard. It won't accidentally kill anyone if you're awakened in the middle of the night, come home drunk, or get into an argument with your spouse. Nobody has ever used a dog to commit suicide, and while it is possible I've never heard of a child taking their dog to school and using the dog to kill someone.

Guns don't kill - they just make killing quicker and easier!

But alas the argument of guns is one of passion not logic. If one looked at statistics and based their decisions on statistics they would find that keeping a loaded gun in their home provides (statistically speaking) no change in their life expectancy or the chance of their home being burglarized...

You're half right at least....

Guns won't PREVENT you from experiencing a crime. A gun is simply a tool for defending yourself, much the way a hammer is a tool for hitting the more fragile and expensive parts next to what you wanted to hit.

I think it's interesting how the folks that are "anti-gun" are the ones who gift inanimate objects like guns with the power to kill completely shifting the responsibility off of the owners, saying that the gun is more likely to kill you than the burglar for example. In both cases, it's the person that does the harm, not the screwdriver used to jimmy a lock or the gun used to put said burglar in a box. Those pieces are just tools.

More dangerous than either type of tool is the asshat who feels like he's a "big man" now that he has a gun and has to brandish it and take it to lots of inappropriate places to show how cool he is. That's the asshat who tends to let his mental insecurity use a weapon as a crutch.

As has been stated, gun ownership can be emotional and completely illogical topics to discuss. Much like painting motorcycles as practical. I think the best analogy as to how the other side feels is to look at gun ownership and the secondment (from the political right's perspective) as a right as inviolable and important as abortion is (to the political left).

The American left howls at the mere thought of anyone touching this procedure. The American right feels that ANY kind of gun control legislation is merely the first step to confiscation. Both are over reactions.

I know many, many women who would NEVER have abortions (nor to my knowledge have had them) who will only vote for a vigorously pro choice candidate. I know probably as many if not more people who don't own guns who wouldn't own them for whatever reasons although they still believe the right to own one is an important one.

So, maybe a wise politician will introduce a bill to remove all challenges to the legality of abortion as long as there are no such movees to challenge public gun ownership.

That nature of stalemate could well tie up the congress for decades.

It's also interesting that very often those who are on opposite sides of those issues both see them as a matter of individual free choice. crazy.gif

My former Doberman put a man in the hospital for weeks.

He came on the property, fenced/with all Bad Dog signs etc.,

and tried to enter the premises.

He won't do that again.

Lucky him, if I was home at the time, I would have used a different method of deterrence.

Dogs are great.

But, is your dog trained to not accept food from another person?

Mine was.

Pretty easy to feed a dog a laced piece of meat, unless they are well trained.

As Matt said, a tool is a tool.

A flat tire repair kit doesn't prevent them, just makes it easier to deal with when/if it happens.

I sleep better with my delusion that I have the option, if needed, to use this particualr tool.

My wife is worth the effort and responsibility to add to our options for protection, if needed, again smirk.gif

Best wishes.

Which is why I want to have one handy if someone decides to harm me or my family. Bullcrap on that hand to hand stuff in your own house. Bad guys have guns......If you think they don't, you are living in a dreamworld.

I do agree with the dog suggestion. But they don't have to be large. Noisey is good enough. Burglars hate little, fiesty dogs. And they hate pump shotguns in the hands of a homeowner even worse.

... Now consider the recent campus killings. You have a madman with a gun having become the most powerful person there by virtue of his possession of a firearm amidst so many without. Picture just how far these nuts would get if just 5% of the student body and faculty were licensed concealed weapons permit holders. The sheep become the wolves...

'Friendly fire' is not so friendly when it's aimed at you frown.gif.

I'm not sure having a shootout at the O.K. University would be a such a great idea. Maybe the mad gunner would have done less damage, but maybe more would be dead from friendly fire.

Vigilante activities are not always a good answer. There is a reason LEOs receive LE training before they are unleashed on the public eek.gif.

That fear is not supported by facts at all. It simply has not happened.

As citizens we are much more likely to be hit by the errant shots of a police officer than a non-uniformed "friendly".

Agent_Orange

Since when does the right to defend myself or somneone who is unable to defend themselves become "Vigilante activities"? smirk.giflurker.giflurker.gif

The gun cam is damm funny.

buds is way cheap on the S&W M&P, but my local bass pro has a much better deal on CPO Sig P226's. Go figure.

I for one will bet on my Smith & Wesson to protect me where I live vs the police . They take over 1hr if they show up at all . So I will stay armed . If that dosent work I guess I can use the chainsaw then I guess they will try to ban them next . But first they will have to get past the Dogs . Paranoid no! Just a realest . Dave

1014230-Emilyeaster007.JPG

1014230-Emilyeaster007.JPG.a0532a0e6510e29a998610a863fda724.JPG

Flyer5 wrote:

I for one will bet on my Smith & Wesson to protect me where I live vs the police . They take over 1hr if they show up at all . So I will stay armed . If that dosent work I guess I can use the chainsaw then I guess they will try to ban them next . But first they will have to get past the Dogs . Paranoid no! Just a realest . Dave

I agree with you that being able to protect yourself with a gun in your own home is a good thing.

What I have an issue with is the idea that we would be safer as a society if every Tom, Dick and Harry were allowed to carry a gun on the streets. If you look back about 150 years, I think you’d find that carrying a gun around town didn’t really lead to less violence and less people dying.

I have responded to a large number of fights between normal citizens over stupid things like a parking spot, where one or both parties needed the paramedics after the incident. I don’t think adding guns to those situations would have improved the outcome.

Fugu wrote:

That fear is not supported by facts at all. It simply has not happened.

As citizens we are much more likely to be hit by the errant shots of a police officer than a non-uniformed "friendly".

Based on what research or studies? I know several doctors and nurses in the L.A. County Hospital E.R. and O.R. and I’d beg to differ with that statement. Unintended victims of ‘citizen’ shootings are not uncommon, those shot by police are usually ‘the suspect’.

How many people are shot in hunting accidents every year? And those are citizens who should know how to safely operate a gun.

Part of the reason it has not happened (or at least not been widely publicized) is likely because there just aren’t that many people carrying guns. I can guarantee that this would change if everyone was allowed to carry.

The case of Joe Horn in Texas has been discussed earlier on this board. I think it is fair to say that Horn would not have exited his home and shot the two burglars, if he had not known about the Castle Doctrine. The 9-1-1 tape makes it clear that Horn feels that he is entitled to arm himself and shoot two unarmed men. Regardless of your opinion about the Horn incident, it is clear that he used a gun to ‘defend’ himself, which resulted in the death of two others.

Agent_Orange wrote:

Since when does the right to defend myself or somneone who is unable to defend themselves become "Vigilante activities"?

Stirring the pot, I see…

Courtesy of Wikipedia:

A vigilante is a person who ignores due process of law and enacts his own form of justice when they deem the response of the authorities to be insufficient.

I rest my case…

How many people are shot in hunting accidents every year? And those are citizens who should know how to safely operate a gun.

I agree they should know how to handle a gun . I am a avid hunter I enjoy being out with the animals . But I would never fire at something that I could not identify and was not sure what was in the background . Its scary hearing these stories that someone said he saw the bush move and he thought it was a turkey . That scares the hell out of me .

I can guarantee that this would change if everyone was allowed to carry.

I cant say police carrying would be any different then . I had a officer draw a weapon on me while I was administering first aid and trying to keep the person immobile . He keep saying he wanted her to get her insurance info out of the glove compartment . When I refused to let her move till the paramedics got there he drew on me , even though my hands were stabilizing her head and was clearly not a threat . She was in a accident that was not her fault .There were other people there that could have gotten the info . I guess we were both lucky that I have a sound judgement . I was legally carrying concealed at the time ,he did not know that till later that evening at the hospital .

The case of Joe Horn in Texas has been discussed earlier on this board. I think it is fair to say that Horn would not have exited his home and shot the two burglars, if he had not known about the Castle Doctrine. The 9-1-1 tape makes it clear that Horn feels that he is entitled to arm himself and shoot two unarmed men. Regardless of your opinion about the Horn incident, it is clear that he used a gun to ‘defend’ himself, which resulted in the death of two others.

Two people burglarizing or looting don't get my sympathy armed or not .They accept the risks when they enact in that type of behavior .

Courtesy of Wikipedia:

A vigilante is a person who ignores due process of law and enacts his own form of justice when they deem the response of the authorities to be insufficient.

I rest my case…

Yeah, but would Wiki really stand up in court? Seems pretty flimsy.

On the other side, imagine if there had been legally armed citizens on those 4 airplanes on 9/11... What might have been prevented?

lurker.gif

I cant say police carrying would be any different then . I had a officer draw a weapon on me while I was administering first aid and trying to keep the person immobile . He keep saying he wanted her to get her insurance info out of the glove compartment . When I refused to let her move till the paramedics got there he drew on me , even though my hands were stabilizing her head and was clearly not a threat . She was in a accident that was not her fault .There were other people there that could have gotten the info . I guess we were both lucky that I have a sound judgement . I was legally carrying concealed at the time ,he did not know that till later that evening at the hospital .

Hey, what can I say? There are loony police officers too. My point is that adding more, generally untrained loons with guns is not the solution. I bet you'd have been even more worried about getting shot if it had been some random citizen pointing a gun at you, rather than a police officer with no common sense.

Two people burglarizing or looting don't get my sympathy armed or not .They accept the risks when they enact in that type of behavior .

As I stated (see above) I did not raise the issue of the Joe Horn case to point out right or wrong, simply to show what can happen when citizens take it upon themselves to use guns and 'enforce the law'.

Courtesy of Wikipedia:

I rest my case…

Yeah, but would Wiki really stand up in court? Seems pretty flimsy.

On the other side, imagine if there had been legally armed citizens on those 4 airplanes on 9/11... What might have been prevented?

lurker.gif

I chose Wiki because it was easily accessible, however, you'll find the definition of 'vigilante' is the same in most dictionaries...

As for 9/11, the brave people on Flight 93 probably saved the White House when they attacked the hijackers on their flight and caused them to crash in an open field instead. I don't think guns would have made a big difference.

If you would feel safer 33,000 feet in the air in a pressurized airplane with a bunch of yahoos with guns, more power to you. Personally, I'll take my chances on the 'no guns' flight eek.gif.

Christian_rider

Not going to get too far out there on this one! My personal take on this is simple. I wish everyone who is 21 and over of sound mind, who has not been convicted of a felony, and is not a addict carried guns. The 3 strikes your out thing does not work. The bad guys have guns and if they are convicted felons the chances of them using the gun to prevent being identified or apprehended simply goes up. The penalties for illegally possessing a gun should also go way up especially for those who are caught with a gun under the influence of anything, or the sale or possession of any illegal substance or property. The courts need to be much more strict and enforce the laws and penalties thus making Law Enforcements job more worth the risk. Nothing like arresting a dope dealer numerous times while armed only to catch him again and again for doing the same thing. The lives the dealer is destroying will destroy and steal innocent lives and property just to take something to a dealer who arms himself for protection. While the dope dealer is armed the addicts will sometimes be armed to protect himself.

If you would feel safer 33,000 feet in the air in a pressurized airplane with a bunch of yahoos with guns

Yahoos?

Explosive decompression is a farce. Redundant systems, pressurization systems that can make up for a couple of windows being missing.... There's no danger there.

If you are worried about errant shots then why don't you explain why there haven't been situations in buses, movie theaters, shopping malls, sporting events - all places where people are tightly packed - with citizens defending themselves and shooting others. It hasn't happened.

As for this vigilante thing you are off on, do you have no concept of the long standing legal right to self defense? It has nothing to do with vigilante justice.

Nobody's talking about hunting down a criminal ala Chuck Bronson.

Agent_Orange

I rest my case…

WTF? confused.gif

What does that have to do with defending oneself? I don't see where I said anything about "ignores due process of law and enacts his own form of justice when they deem the response of the authorities to be insufficient."

Now did I??

If you look back about 150 years, I think you’d find that carrying a gun around town didn’t really lead to less violence and less people dying.

More states now have shall issue permits than ever before in history, yet crime and murder are at all time lows.

I have responded to a large number of fights between normal citizens over stupid things like a parking spot, where one or both parties needed the paramedics after the incident. I don’t think adding guns to those situations would have improved the outcome.

This is straight out of the Violence Policy Center/ Brady Campaign, they've said it every time shall issue came up in a state, and they've been wrong every single time. This is your fear, it's not reality. You can't point to crime going up anywhere after shall issue became law.

Based on what research or studies?

Right back atcha. You are spinning anecdotes about people you know at the ER.

If lawful citizens shot others by accident it would be front page.

Part of the reason it has not happened (or at least not been widely publicized) is likely because there just aren’t that many people carrying guns.

Not widely publicized? You kidding? When it happens the media will be on it like a dog on a bone. More people legally carrying guns now than ever before in history, less crime, less murder.

Hey, I bought Sirf when it crashed, and thought it would bounce back pretty quick. It hasn't, and I've been wondering what the long term effects of all these bogus class action suits are going to be. Since you have your crystal ball out and can guarantee events in the future, would you please let me know if I should buy, hold, or sell?

The case of Joe Horn in Texas has been discussed earlier on this board.

Yes, and the Horn shooting was witnessed by a cop and Horn is still a free man. The case is not a castle doctrine case , although it has been painted that way by a media intent on erroneously pointing out that more gun freedoms equals death, but if you read the law it's got nothing to do with Horn. Horn is free because the shooting conforms with the self defense laws (not vigilante anything) that have been on the books in Texas for a very long time.

I rest my case…

THat's laughable. You don't grasp the difference between legal self defense and acting without authority to enforce the law?

I suppose if somebody's in a life or death situation they should wait for a cop (who doesn't know the difference between self defense and vigilantism) to show up and decide if defending their life is legal?

Is this a job security thing?

The finest Federal training!

I've been carrying longer and I haven't shot a hole in anything.

I saw that the other day and have just been waiting for it to come up. No doubt a brainless moment by the pilot, luckily he had it pointed in a comparatively safe direction, showing the effectiveness of multiple gun safety rules. Thank you Colonel Cooper.

Note that the plane did not explode...

I'm just waiting for people to start using that incident as a reason to disarm all pilots.

DavidEBSmith

More states now have shall issue permits than ever before in history, yet crime and murder are at all time lows

The number of permits issued today does not correlate with the number of people who carried weapons 150 years ago when no permits were issued. Do you have a number on how many people carried 150 years ago vs. how many people carry today?

Plus, correlation does not equal causation. More people carry cell phones than ever before in history, and crime and murder are at all time lows, so cell phones prevent crime?

I really wasn't going to bother with the perpetually rehashed pro-gun and anti-gun arguments going around and around, but this factoid illustrates how weak the usual arguments are (and the anti-gun ones aren't any better).

I'll go back in my groundhog hole now and wait for the clock radio to start playing Sonny & Cher.

You better wear your mittens because it's COOOOLD out there.

You're right that correlation is not causation, so now perhaps we can do away with the irrelevant arguments for or against guns based on crime. I guess I allow myself to get sucked into that discussion because it's a win-win for me. Either armed citizens reduce crime, or they have no effect. Either way, there's no basis to be found in that argument for restricting firearms ownership.

russell_bynum

Explosive decompression is a farce. Redundant systems, pressurization systems that can make up for a couple of windows being missing.... There's no danger there.

Mythbusters did a deal on that and couldn't create explosive decompression.

I wouldn't say it's a farce and that there's "No danger", but it certainly isn't the gloom and doom "If a gun goes off an an airplane, everyone dies." shock story that seems to be the popular opinion.

I wouldn't say it's a farce and that there's "No danger"

Sure, I was just referring to the little hole from a bullet...

Not tiny stress cracks in the fuselage leading to the plane turning into a convertible.

Don't be too sure that hunters know how to use guns. I am a hunter and some of the stuff I have seen has been too stupid for words. Makes me ashamed that they are called hunters instead of unskilled idiots who happen to have a gun.

Don't be too sure that hunters know how to use guns. I am a hunter and some of the stuff I have seen has been too stupid for words. Makes me ashamed that they are called hunters instead of unskilled idiots who happen to have a gun.

If Fugu has his way, those same 'unskilled idiots' will be walking the streets with guns crazy.gif.

More states now have shall issue permits than ever before in history, yet crime and murder are at all time lows.

Where do you live?

This is straight out of the Violence Policy Center/ Brady Campaign, they've said it every time shall issue came up in a state, and they've been wrong every single time. This is your fear, it's not reality. You can't point to crime going up anywhere after shall issue became law.

And you base this statement on what?

Based on what research or studies?

Right back atcha. You are spinning anecdotes about people you know at the ER.

At least I’m basing it on something.

If lawful citizens shot others by accident it would be front page.

Part of the reason it has not happened (or at least not been widely publicized) is likely because there just aren’t that many people carrying guns.

Not widely publicized? You kidding? When it happens the media will be on it like a dog on a bone. More people legally carrying guns now than ever before in history, less crime, less murder.

Do you have any idea how many shooting take place in Los Angeles County every day, that are not publicized? Apparently not.

Hey, I bought Sirf when it crashed, and thought it would bounce back pretty quick. It hasn't, and I've been wondering what the long term effects of all these bogus class action suits are going to be. Since you have your crystal ball out and can guarantee events in the future, would you please let me know if I should buy, hold, or sell?

BUY, BUY, BUY!!!!

The case of Joe Horn in Texas has been discussed earlier on this board.

Yes, and the Horn shooting was witnessed by a cop and Horn is still a free man. The case is not a castle doctrine case, although it has been painted that way by a media intent on erroneously pointing out that more gun freedoms equals death, but if you read the law it's got nothing to do with Horn. Horn is free because the shooting conforms with the self defense laws (not vigilante anything) that have been on the books in Texas for a very long time.

Listen to the 9-1-1 tape again, Horn was clearly aware of the new changes in the law. By the way, as far as I have been able to ascertain Horn’s case is still pending, so don’t speak too soon. And yes, he did take away those burglars’ right to due process.

I rest my case…

THat's laughable. You don't grasp the difference between legal self defense and acting without authority to enforce the law?

I suppose if somebody's in a life or death situation they should wait for a cop (who doesn't know the difference between self defense and vigilantism) to show up and decide if defending their life is legal?

Is this a job security thing?

Feel free to go out and enforce the law yourself, since you apparently have all the answers and solutions. By the way, why do we need all these armed citizens on the streets, when according to you crime and murder is at an all time low?

If you really like guns and wanna play with them. Join the Armed forces and they will let you shoot at the ultimate Game...other people. Just don't complain when the Game shoots back.

Don't get me wrong, I like guns, got a couple and have M14 Ranch Carbine envy. It's just one of those things that is best left in the closet and not discussed in mixed company. eek.gif

Me thinks a nerve has been pricked hmmmmmmmmmm

lurker.gif

Or visa versa.

You folks kill me sometimes.... lmao.gif

Archived