IGNORED

XP3923 Autolite Iridium plugs - anyone using them ?

TREE

Looking for info, feedback, opinions from anyone who has installed these..... tnx

I am more interested in 2 plug oilheads than 4 but any impressions are good.

ShovelStrokeEd

I can't speak for those plugs in particular but the OEM NKG iridium plugs in my Honda Blackbird have 65K miles on them now and the bike is running fine.

The main point of the Iridium plugs is long electrode life but since standard 3923's cost about $2.50/pair at Walmart and take only a few minutes to replace at a 12k service there doesn't seem to be a lot of application for the more expensive long-life plugs in oilhead applications.

As above.

I've run standard 2932 Copper and the Platinum tipped ones in my single spark and couldn't see a performance difference between them. I haven't changed plugs for around 6000 miles and they feel strong.

Personally, unless there are other factors at play, I'd buy the cheapest and replace when recommended.

Linz smile.gif

+1

I actually found that the Platinum ones caused idle problems for me.

Copper core Autolites are the way to go

Steve smile.gif

I've been using XP3923 plugs for a couple of years now. They work just fine, are cheap and easy to find, but wont result in any noticable performance gain. The only difference I noticed was that the engine stumbled occassionaly when idling with the OEM plugs and the XP3923s seemed to solve that.

Archived