IGNORED

I'm back!

dnyman

Well almost. I will be tomorrow afternoon when I pick up my brand spanking new F800ST.

I was a regular reader/writer of this forum about 18 months ago, until I had a spill, and had to sell the R1200RT (still miss it). I spent about 8 months recuperating from shoulder injuries before I was physically capable of riding again and decided at that time to get a Triumph Bonneville T100 - I wanted simple, light, manageable. It got me back into riding and was fun, but I always missed the sophistication BM's provide. The Triumph was just a little too basic, and I'd forgotten how tiresome and tedious chain maintenance can be frown.gif

So I went for a test ride on the F800ST the other day, and I was sold after about 100 yards. I'll never be quite able (physically and psychologically) to get back onto a large tourer again, so I went for the smaller, lighter option.

It's been a while since I visited these pages, but I'm lucky my old account is still intact.

Needless to say, I can't wait to pick up the new blue beastie (ABS, OBC, white indicators and panniers).

So, hello again,

Dave.

Lone_RT_rider

Welcome back! It's always tought to find your stride again after that kind of thing happens. Sounds like you are on the right track. smile.gif

Shawn

Dave,

Welcome back.

Search for the ST that has been converted to a tourer w/GIVI 35 bags and topcase. Maybe on the MOA forum?

I saw pics about a week or so ago.

Great way to make it a tourer.

Found them.

f800-07-21-2007.jpg

f800-07-21-2007-2.jpg181167275-M.jpg

Thanks everyone.

And tallman, that last pic (with the BMW panniers) is how my bike looks. Now how do I fill in the hours till 3:00pm today.....

Dave.

Archived