IGNORED

On Bike Cooling?

Kitsap

As part of my rehab I've been using one of these http://bracesupport.com/breg/polar%20care%20cub.htm

It has kept the ice/water combination very cold for up to 20 hours. The Cub model can be used with electricity or with a hand pump to circulate the cold water through the pad. The pad for my knee easily covers the area of my upper middle back where I believe it would work well in cooling the blood returning to the brain.

I think some experimentation is in order.

The mad scientist in me says I can do it, not that the pain killers have anything to do with it dopeslap.gif

The cooling pad has channels the water must flow from the input to output ports, it's not just a big bag of water. Since I already get to keep the pad I figure I might as well just buy the cooler and see what happens. With my history I'm sure I'll need it again for some other malady if it doesn't work as I hope on the bike.

Kitsap,

Me thinks you've been living in the rain forests for too long. Come, move to the desert. It's a dry heat, don'tcha know. lmao.gif

That's the ticket. It uses the exact same hoses and connectors and hoses as my unit. See I'm not crazy, even if I don't live where it's dry wave.gif

If it's a dry heat & you are opposed to getting a bit wet, your far better off using evaporative cooling.

Ice will give you 0.5BTUs/#/º rise in sensible heat gain & 144BTUs/# in latent heat gain.

Water will give you 1BTUs/#/º rise in sensible heat gain & 980BTUs/# in latent heat gain so you get a much bigger bang for your buck using evaporative cooling as long as the drybulb (humidity level) is within reason.

Not saying you are wrong as I'm sure that dry cooling has it's place & advantages over wet cooling.

It's just nice to make informed decisions.

Archived