IGNORED

Non-Powerlet Socket

Semper_Fi

I am looking for a sealed cigerette style socket I can mount on the bike.

I have a powerlet BMW to Cig adaptor but the CANBUS senses over-current limits and shuts off the power - I encountered this when I was running the compressor to fill the tire.

I would like to mount a sealed one on the bike somewhere and hook directly to the battery - via Centech.

any suggestions?

Thanks

Luis

The canbus outlet on my KS seemed about worthless for the same reason you discovered, so I just removed it and replaced it with a powerlet directly to the battery. too easy. no extra holes or places to find for a new plug.

allikanbe - was it a direct replacement - I need to take a closer look at that option.

what did you use to seal the open receptacle?

I would like to mount a sealed one on the bike somewhere and hook directly to the battery - via Centech.

any suggestions?

Thanks

Luis

My suggestion is, DO IT! It is an easy project. You can get the 12V plug from Wally-world, single outlet, or multi-plug.

I have a powerlet BMW to Cig adaptor but the CANBUS senses over-current limits and shuts off the power
As mentioned, change the wiring so the socket is powered directly. If you still want it to be switched on and off with the bike's key add a relay between the socket and the battery, triggered off the original socket lead.

Ken - I will probably do that - I'll leave the front one for the ridiculously expensive battery charger and actually have a functional outlet in the back.

Luis

Archived