IGNORED

Which one is worse?

Mr_Ed

Which Do You Prefer To Suffer With?  

141 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ah Yes... Business Travel! On my last trip I managed to pick up someone cooties.... less than 24 hours after getting home I had the joy of something flu-like and over the following 5 days I enjoyed variations of symptoms that included the beloved cough (post nasal drip) and later sneezing. I've found that coughing or sneezing are two effective ways to keep me from sleeping... so I was thinking (as I lay sleepless in bed)... If I had to choose between coughing and sneezing... which would I rather endure? I guess I'd rather sneeze than cough.. How about you?

Somewhere I read that people in the middle ages thought that when you sneezed your soul could leave your body and you died. Anyway, something like that. That is why we say "Bless you" when someone sneezes.

Coughing is good for your abs. Sneezing pops your ears and lets people make fun of the noises you make. Neither is good coupled with diarrhea.

Somewhere I read that people in the middle ages thought that when you sneezed your soul could leave your body and you died. Anyway, something like that. That is why we say "Bless you" when someone sneezes.

The ways I hears it is sneezing increases your intercranial pressure that if prolonged could lead to brain damage or something like that.

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs
Coughing is good for your abs.
Yeah, especially when you cough so hard you vomit or burst all of the blood vessels in your eyes. Fun. tongue.gif
Christian_rider

I am dealing with what started out as a similar situation. Went to the doctor which is something I almost never do to try and kick this thing after about a month. Lots of dope later I started to feel a little better other than some pressure in the ears and a persistent low grade fever. Then comes an earach like I have never had before. Went to the ER as it would be 6 days before I could see a Doc. Another Z-pac and some pain pills to go with the refferal to the ENT doctor. Last night I laid down. Why, I do not know as sleep was just not going to happen! Pop and ooozzze! A little relief but a nasty site on the pillow. The wife was not too happy either. Now this non stop ringing in the ear. Come to find out after revisit to the ER due to the bleeding the swelling from the infection caused the eardrumb to burst. Now, I wait! BC/BS insurance but no doctors available to see me. I can honestly say my hearing is 10% if that from that ear and I have to wait! I am usually good with pain but this is crazy!

Francois_Dumas

Hope you haven't been to Hong Kong lately? The majority of respondents seems to have been.... lmao.gif

bakerzdosen

I had the flu a few weeks ago (at home). It was the first time I'd had the flu in YEARS. It hit me on Friday and I actually had to take a day off work (2nd of my life... frown.gif ) the next week. Well, the worst part was that I got it AGAIN a week later. But this time I was in the Dominican Republic. It's not exactly fun going into a pharmacy and asking the 19 year old chick behind the counter to just "give me something for my flu" and trusting that she's really giving me flu medicine. (I did recognize a few of the ingredients, so it wasn't THAT much of a blind risk.)

I never did get around to going to a doctor, but I'm pretty sure I developed some sort of respiratory infection (pneumonia or bronchitis according to my doc) because I was coughing the following week in Colorado Springs. It was a bad month for me.

Regardless, being sick outside the country SUCKS. Airplanes always accentuate the problem too.

I feel your pain.

bncry.gif

Matt, I had the old double round of cold/flu with following cough right before Christmas, I think it's a Utah thing, I'm never sick either.

My worst traveling sickness was in Italy, the symptoms hit me like a train on the overnight train from southern France to Rome. There was nothing in my little sleeper cabin to blow my nose on and no way to get anything, yech. In the middle of the night the Italian customs people came by which was even more miserable. I then spent 3 horrible days in an expensive hotel right on the Spanish Steps in Rome*, didn't leave the room. On my last day in Rome, my birthday, I felt a bit better and went out to explore, it turned out to be a holiday and all the interesting things were closed.

On the other hand some of my gastrointestinal experiences in Mexico and Chile weren't all that nice either!

*I didn't pay more for a hotel room until the night of the Roger Waters Wall concert in Berlin when I was kicked out of the room with the two girls, but that's another story...

Archived