IGNORED

Drinking coffee while riding??

eddd

While having coffee at the local "table of wisdom" this morning, we were discussing my ride to Big Bend. One of the guys asked how I drank coffee while I rode. When I explained that I didn't, he thought I was kidding. Like many of us, I enjoy drinking coffee when traveling in my truck, but the thought of trying to drink coffee while I rode never crossed my mind.

Do you or anyone you know drink coffee/tea/hot cocoa while riding? (not as passenger) If so what method is used?

They are expecting a report Monday morning. (This will add to their wisdom I guess. They've already got solutions for the rest of the world's problems. eek.gif)

Firefight911
Kind of young for coffee! grin.gif

Just representative of many board members around here! tongue.gifthumbsup.gif

Mentally speaking!! grin.gif

russell_bynum

Just representative of many board members around here! tongue.gifthumbsup.gif

Mentally speaking!! grin.gif

Hey, I resemble that remark.

While having coffee at the local "table of wisdom" this morning, we were discussing my ride to Big Bend. One of the guys asked how I drank coffee while I rode. When I explained that I didn't, he thought I was kidding. Like many of us, I enjoy drinking coffee when traveling in my truck, but the thought of trying to drink coffee while I rode never crossed my mind.

Do you or anyone you know drink coffee/tea/hot cocoa while riding? (not as passenger) If so what method is used?

They are expecting a report Monday morning. (This will add to their wisdom I guess. They've already got solutions for the rest of the world's problems. eek.gif)

Ed, I drink tons of coffee per day.. Even while riding a motorcycle.. Even while riding a motorcycle at 90+ mph..

Quite easy,, cup holder on the L/H side of the handlebars (need to use the left hand due to throttle concerns) ,, INSULATED cup with thumb operated slide type sip opening,, use of a helmet with no interference.. I use many helmets from police style to,, ¾,, to modular so the only one that is a problem is the modular & on that I open the chin piece & sip away..

If you can drink coffee while driving a car you can drink coffee while riding (well as long as you have mastered one handed riding)..

Twisty

Francois_Dumas

I guess once again 'us Europies' are exempt from voting on this one grin.gif

It is always one of the things that strike me as 'funny' when in the States, seeing all these people in various stances and activities running, walking, riding and driving around clenching large plastic coffee cups with a lid on it... as if their lives depend on it (who knows?).

In Europe the 'norm' is to take a break, sit down, brew a 'proper' cup of coffee and enjoy it. That 'norm' increases when traveling southbound... with breaks being longer and coffee being stronger grin.gifgrin.gif

Yes, we also hang around the 'horrible' coffee machines in the offices, but that's more to escape work for a few moments than because we love to drink coffee there.

The cups-with-lid-and-sipping-slit are only used for babies to drink without spilling too much of the milk or whatever they get to enjoy these days.... I guess that drinking-rucksack in the picture above would be a good alternative for that and relieve the parents of yet another responsibility dopeslap.gif

------------------------------

Dutch Disclaimer:

"....Oh, and before I get a lot of angry mails again... this is NOT meant to offend anyone, it is written tongue-firmly-in-cheek, although it DOES contain a large dose of truth and actual facts and the posting should be seen as informative, educational and make you smile..... If it doesn't, then don't read it. Woooops, too late..... tongue.gif".

In Europe the 'norm' is to take a break, sit down, brew a 'proper' cup of coffee and enjoy it.

You don't get to be the world's largest economy (and forty-second overall worldwide in infant mortality!) by taking namby-pamby coffee breaks, six annual weeks of vacation, and thirty-hour workweeks.

Francois_Dumas
In Europe the 'norm' is to take a break, sit down, brew a 'proper' cup of coffee and enjoy it.

You don't get to be the world's largest economy (and forty-second overall worldwide in infant mortality!) by taking namby-pamby coffee breaks, six annual weeks of vacation, and thirty-hour workweeks.

Check your dollar exchange rate tongue.gif

Archived