IGNORED

What talent does $5,500 per hour buy?

Patallaire

steve.foote
That might not be a view held by some of his targets.

I don't give a whit what his targets think.

Neither did Spitzer. wink.gif

Spitzer was the property of New York State. He had a detail that was supposed to protect him at all times, how, one might ask, did a Prostitute enter his room, through an open door, without security screening her?

Also to Davids point, you can't pick and choose a definition of hypocracy, it either is or it is not. In Spitzers case it was, he held himself out as above reproach, he went after people and twisted facts, he engaged in what amounted to name smearing without facts to stir the pot. And he transfered money to an illegal business that no one yet knows where it was going. Spitizer was the chief law enforcement officer in New York State, he knew better but chose to be above it all. He is not a victim.

daveinatlanta

My 1 cent worth -- as I was riding up in N Ga today (took a day off) I had CNN on the XM and they kept referring to her as a person with a golden heart. This may very well be true - but her heart is not the first body part I would have thought to be golden. But wadda I know???

I also think it is truly sad for him and his family. Yes - he did seem to be a 'bit' hypocritical but he did some good as AG of NY - although some would think it was nothing but headline grabbing.

I just think it is unfortunate for all. Except the lady involved. I suspect she's just the jackpot with Playboy, ET AL, record and book deals...

DavidEBSmith

I thought she transported herself? That in itself doesn't kick in Federal provisions.

Y'know, I hate to disrupt the discussion with facts and information, but you might want to take a look at the Mann Act:

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/18/usc_sec_18_00002422----000-.html

§ 2422. Coercion and enticement

(a) Whoever knowingly persuades, induces, entices, or coerces any individual to travel in interstate or foreign commerce, or in any Territory or Possession of the United States, to engage in prostitution, or in any sexual activity for which any person can be charged with a criminal offense, or attempts to do so, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both.

I thought she transported herself? That in itself doesn't kick in Federal provisions.

Y'know, I hate to disrupt the discussion with facts and information, but you might want to take a look at the Mann Act:

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/18/usc_sec_18_00002422----000-.html

§ 2422. Coercion and enticement

(a) Whoever knowingly persuades, induces, entices, or coerces any individual to travel in interstate or foreign commerce, or in any Territory or Possession of the United States, to engage in prostitution, or in any sexual activity for which any person can be charged with a criminal offense, or attempts to do so, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both.

Yes I'm familiar with the Mann act, but here's the problem I have with that. If I were Spitzer's attorney, I would argue that high-end prostitutes routinely perform interstate travel on a regular basis, and on their own accord. Certainly there was a violation of the Mann act, but it wasn't by the client, it was by the prostitution ringleaders. I'm quite sure they will be charged with such and prosecuted successfully.

I'm not apologizing for Spitzer, and yes I think he needs to address his crime, but his part is minor. The real villains here are the pimps and traffickers. They are the ones that need to be put away for a long time.

I'm not apologizing for Spitzer, and yes I think he needs to address his crime, but his part is minor. The real villains here are the pimps and traffickers. They are the ones that need to be put away for a long time.

Without demand, supply withers. Blame Spitzer.

That certainly is one approach to dealing with the problem. In Malaysia, casual dope smokers get, for all intents and purposes, a death sentence. It does seem to work to control the drug problem. There is right now, a proposal to control dog fighting in the U.S. by making it a felony to even attend a dog fighting event.

That sounds fine and good and all until that form of justice makes its way to your own harmless yet questionably legal activity, like going five miles over the speed limit, or smoking a cigarette within 1,000 feet of a public building.

That certainly is one approach to dealing with the problem. In Malaysia, casual dope smokers get, for all intents and purposes, a death sentence. It does seem to work to control the drug problem. There is right now, a proposal to control dog fighting in the U.S. by making it a felony to even attend a dog fighting event.

That sounds fine and good and all until that form of justice makes its way to your own harmless yet questionably legal activity, like going five miles over the speed limit, or smoking a cigarette within 1,000 feet of a public building.

So then the real villain is a vehicle capable of exceeding the speed limit??? confused.gif The dealer who sold the vehicle??? confused.gif The manufacturer??? confused.gif

Or the real villain is a cigarette??? confused.gif or the seller ??? confused.gif or the manufacturer??? confused.gif

No one is forcing anyone to speed or to smoke cigarettes. Without speeders, there is no speeding. Without smokers, there are no cigarettes.

Dave McReynolds

Oh I'm not disagreeing with you, not at all. I just don't want to live in your world.

I agree with your sentiments, and it seems odd to me that anyone who participates in motorcycling, which is an activity periodically under attack, parts of which have been outlawed and other parts under scrutiny, would not be a strong defender of the individual rights of others. I don't smoke, take dope, or visit prostitutes, and would strongly advise anyone who asked my opinion not to do so either, but I support the rights of anyone who chooses to do so. Who knows, I could wipe out on a curve and die while riding a motorcycle for no reason other than my own personal gratification, leaving a mess behind for my family to clean up, while someone else doing the three nasties I mentioned keeps trucking along.

What kind of smile qualifies for 7 diamonds? lmao.gif

I don't know what the Gov's friend could do to make it worth the fees he paid...but I do know that there's no good way to explain to my wife that whatever she's doing isn't worth $3,500... dopeslap.gif

On the other hand, a quick division of my salary into the number of eventful nights at my house yields a result somewhat more than the pleasant Ms. Ashley commanded...

Now I think I'm just making things worse bncry.gif

Harry_Wilshusen

This is the way I see it:

A man while being a prosecutor then Governor laundered money in order to conduct business with organized crime.

Enough said (yeah, right)

Harry

Oh, did you ever step into that one! Until you fork over at least $134,121, everything (or anything) you're getting is FREE, baby!
Cute but like most of those "how much would it cost" articles it's not real life. Should it not be offset by the value of my work on the cars, painting, lawn mowing, snowblowing/shoveling, carrying out dead mice (and a recent possum who went stiff in the living room smile.gif), squishing spiders, dealing with all things electronic, etc. etc.? Where is the comparable "how much is a husband/father's job worth" article?

If someone is willing to pay it, then it's worth that much. End of story.

BTW -- I'm disappointed, I was hoping for some photos.... lmao.gif

Archived