IGNORED

Nashville - Did you ride to work today?

Volfan615

I'm taking advantage of the beautiful weather in Nashville today and got in my first ride to work of the season. And then walking to the building next door for a sandwich for lunch I noticed another R1200RT. If you rode to work today in Burton Hills say hello. wave.gif

Now I've got to try to keep my mind on business when I really want to be out on the bike! grin.gif

one of the down-sides of working from home is, there's no excuse to ride the bike to work   frown.gifit's gonna be even prettier today than yesterday. I have to run some errands at lunchtime so maybe that's my excuse.

To work at home does not prevent you from riding to work.

How can you be in 2 places at once when you're not anywhere at all?

grin.gif

You can get there if you take the Antelope Freeway...

"Babe decides to take the Antelope Freeway but drives straight into Zeno’s Paradox…

“Antelope Freeway, 1 mile.”

“Antelope Freeway, 1/2 mile.”

“Antelope Freeway, 1/4 mile.”

“Antelope Freeway, 1/8 mile.”

“Antelope Freeway, 1/16 mile.”

“Antelope Freeway, 1/32 mile.”

“Antelope Freeway, 1/64 mile.”

Keep in mind that these are in the background while Babe keeps up a running dialog in the foreground! To be willing to produce such material and then hide it in the background as setting for a larger context is brilliant. Never mind the fact that so very few of the audience will even recognize it as Zeno’s Paradox! (The Greek philosopher Zeno argued that in order to finish a race, a runner must first cross ½ the distance, then ½ the remaining distance, then ½ of that remaining distance, etc. Finishing the race involves crossing an infinite number of points but logic suggests that an infinite number of points cannot be crossed in a finite amount of time. Catching the reference is the key to understanding why Babe cannot and in fact does not ever reach the Antelope Freeway. Whew!) Of course the bit is funny even if you’ve never heard of Zeno. This is the reason people who listened as kids are still listening as adults. The more life experience you have, the more of the work you will “get”."

Love the Firesign Theater thumbsup.gif

To work at home does not prevent you from riding to work.

How can you be in 2 places at once when you're not anywhere at all?

grin.gif

You can get there if you take the Antelope Freeway...

"Babe decides to take the Antelope Freeway but drives straight into Zeno’s Paradox…

“Antelope Freeway, 1 mile.”

“Antelope Freeway, 1/2 mile.”

“Antelope Freeway, 1/4 mile.”

“Antelope Freeway, 1/8 mile.”

“Antelope Freeway, 1/16 mile.”

“Antelope Freeway, 1/32 mile.”

“Antelope Freeway, 1/64 mile.”

Keep in mind that these are in the background while Babe keeps up a running dialog in the foreground! To be willing to produce such material and then hide it in the background as setting for a larger context is brilliant. Never mind the fact that so very few of the audience will even recognize it as Zeno’s Paradox! (The Greek philosopher Zeno argued that in order to finish a race, a runner must first cross ½ the distance, then ½ the remaining distance, then ½ of that remaining distance, etc. Finishing the race involves crossing an infinite number of points but logic suggests that an infinite number of points cannot be crossed in a finite amount of time. Catching the reference is the key to understanding why Babe cannot and in fact does not ever reach the Antelope Freeway. Whew!) Of course the bit is funny even if you’ve never heard of Zeno. This is the reason people who listened as kids are still listening as adults. The more life experience you have, the more of the work you will “get”."

Love the Firesign Theater thumbsup.gif

well it's past lunchtime, and I'm still working...so much for running errands on the bike. confused.gif

Tim, maybe I need to set my climate control to "motorcycle trip" mode. grin.gif (loved the RV test-drive sketch by Firesign Theatre)

Archived