IGNORED

::..fINALLY...50 degree temps..::

hANNAbONE

sO…yesterday was the first time my driveway has not been full of ice since Nov 15, 2007. (*for you that are counting that is 117 days ago*)

Yesterday it was 52 degrees – the first time we’ve seen those kinda temps all winter.

So – I felt I was due some ridin’ time…

I fired up my new to me 2004 KTM 950 Adventure and wicked her to life and geared up and went on a ride.

100 miles went by pretty fast…got back home and looked at my only hard surfaced road grimed iron and told myself it was a pretty good day...with a wry grin on my face.

Today, in about an hour – I’ll be romping once again on some hard roads (all of our gravel roads are just totaled because of the poor weather) with the guy who sold me the KTM.

Cannot wait to get back out there – and see what the partly cloudy 57 degree day holds..!

It’s been a long lonely winter for my sleds…but for once I’m getting them out again --- sweet sweet Spring…aw yeah…can you believe it..!

clap.gifclap.gif

Wish I could join in the fun, but

w11.jpg

3 more weeks to go. bncry.gif

Glad it didn't happen in warm weather. Course, not near as likely to slip on ice in warm weather. smirk.gif

Enjoy, we're sending one more nice day your way and then the temps will dip with rain, sleet and snow.

GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I can't ride, no one else should either grin.gif

George Brown

w11.jpg

Glad it didn't happen in warm weather. Course, not near as likely to slip on ice in warm weather. smirk.gif

Ouch, That's some fancy engineering work there.

Yeah, I might use it to mount a GPS or something dopeslap.gif

lmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

Wow, body farkles that are covered by insurance!!! sweet

50º, Wow.

Who da thunk your temps are warmer then those in SoCal confused.gif

OOOhhhh, you meant day time highs. Sorry about that grin.gif

50º, Wow.

Who da thunk your temps are warmer then those in SoCal confused.gif

OOOhhhh, you meant day time highs. Sorry about that grin.gif

eRIC...believe me - after THIS winter...50 feels like 85..! We've had the worse since I've been on the earth breathing the free air...

Now if I woulda had Knappy's Artic Cat (or is it a Polaris??) I coulda got my speed on - but nothing is like gearing up and FINALLY getting out on two wheels after a really looooooooooooooooooooooong time...wow does it ever feel good..! thumbsup.gifclap.gifthumbsup.gifclap.gif

w11.jpg

I'm with ya there. I had ACL reconstruction on March 3rd and I just got off my chruches today! Actually the PT took them away bncry.gif

How about double that? The forcast here in deep south Texas is for a record setting 100 degrees on Friday. eek.gif

Luckily, I'll miss that. Alpine's forecast is for a high of 82.

I truly do feel for you. I could never move back to that type of weather, it just drags out too long. Hopefully the worse is behind you. Now for spring tornado season!

Archived