IGNORED

I don't know what to say?????????????

Whip

Francois_Dumas

The GOOD news is, that it has just been scientifically established that POT helps fending off Alzheimer !!!!! So perhaps she's just smarter than most of our law makers ? grin.gifgrin.gifthumbsup.gif

The GOOD news is, that it has just been scientifically established that POT helps fending off Alzheimer !!!!! So perhaps she's just smarter than most of our law makers ? grin.gifgrin.gifthumbsup.gif

A marijuana plant is smarter than some of our law makers.

(Is that too political?)

omg i think someone had a crush on m-a? lmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

Do ya blame me????????????

marysweet.jpg

hOTTIE then --- nAUGHTY now... thumbsup.giflmao.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

marysweet.jpg

Hmmmmmmmmm.......... Am I the only one who sees a resemblance:

annieeyes.jpg

lmao.gif

Why do you think they couldn't find a way to get off the island?

"Skipper"

"Not now, little bud die"...

lurker.gif

marysweet.jpg

Hmmmmmmmmm.......... Am I the only one who sees a resemblance:

annieeyes.jpg

lmao.gif

Alright Twisted... leave the poor cats alone! tongue.gif

See what smokin' sea weed leads to! It's a gateway drug I tell ya!grin.gif

BTW...Ginger and Mary-Anne together at the same time..yeah baby...but throw Mrs. Howell in the mix and WOWZA! lmao.gif

Credit Rosie for this one.

Mary Ann & Ginger - With whom would you rather have a relationship? Sweet competent farm girl Mary Ann Summers (Dawn Wells) or curvy, seductive movie star Ginger Grant (Tina Louise)? Ever since the debut of the sitcom GILLIGAN'S ISLAND/CBS/1964-67, the debate has raged. On the 11/19/96 installment of THE ROSIE O'DONNELL SHOW guest Dawn Wells said that some young women of America now asked prospective dates the telling questions "Are you a Mary Ann type?" or "Are you a Ginger type?" If the person answered Mary Ann, they were looking for a solid relationship.

maryann.jpg

If the person said they preferred Ginger, they only wanted a one night stand.

ginger2.jpg

And of course, after 9/11

Why do they hate us?

Viewed through the prism of America's enemies, it's easy to see how the "Gilligan's Island" gang represents everything Muslim fanatics and their sympathizers hate. As Cantor describes it, "The Skipper embodies American military might, the Professor represents American science and technological know-how, and the Millionaire reflects the power of American business...the presence of The Movie Star among the castaways even hints at the source of America's cultural domination of the world - Hollywood."

Extending this trope, I would add that the Millionaire displays an unseemly Western uxoriousness towards his one wife -- insulting to societies where women are fourth class citizens, after the children and the camels. Mary Ann, besides her fondness for short-shorts, is offensively spunky to anyone who thinks women belong in robes and head scarves. She's the type of virgin who offends the fantasies of suicide bombers bombers everywhere, as she obviously wouldn't even give them the time of day in paradise.

And then there's Gilligan, the essence of the naïve, childish American - as Americans are so often described, ad nauseum, abroad. But bumbling, unsophisticated Gilligan has a way of ruining the plans of every Soviet cosmonaut or Third World dictator who drops by. "Representing the average citizen at his most ordinary," Cantor writes, "Gilligan presides over a kind of democratic utopia on the island and is repeatedly called upon to act as its savior."

What's more, he always prevails.

Why do they hate us? It just may be because of "Gilligan's Island."

http://www.reason.com/news/show/32519.html

Francois_Dumas

Since I've never heard of (I think) that series, I wonder how many of America's enemies would have ?? Those old enough to remember would hardly have had access to tv at those times, and it hasn't been relayed recently, has it? confused.gif

PhillyFlash
Since I've never heard of (I think) that series, I wonder how many of America's enemies would have ?? Those old enough to remember would hardly have had access to tv at those times, and it hasn't been relayed recently, has it? confused.gif

Too, bad, Francois. Gilligan's Island was probably the best, and one of the most important, American television shows of the 20th century. In terms of its profound influence on almost everything American, it probably ranks 2nd only to The 3 Stooges. However, women and non-Americans usually don't get them. Too, bad; it explains so much.

ericfoerster

Now we know why they were lost at sea. She and skipper were up in the bridge playing puff-puff-pass and listening to Bob Marley.

Too, bad, Francois. Gilligan's Island was probably the best, and one of the most important, American television shows of the 20th century. In terms of its profound influence on almost everything American, it probably ranks 2nd only to The 3 Stooges. However, women and non-Americans usually don't get them. Too, bad; it explains so much.

pHILLY - is this the start of yet another gun thread..? grin.gifgrin.giflurker.gifdopeslap.gifdopeslap.gif

Howard, I'm neither a woman nor a non-American, but I don't see where it was one of the best, and I really don't see where it why it would be considered one of the most important. I must admit that, while I've seen some episodes and understand the story line, I didn't really follow the show. And I'm really confused why the 3 Stooges would be considered anything but goofy comedy. Again, I've seen enough of the 3 Stooges to be familiar with the characters, their antics, and the re-occurring trouble they were always in, but that is about it.

Care to explain?

Francois_Dumas
Francois, mon ami, surely you've heard of DVD?

What do you think Osama Bin Doing?

smirk.gif

Yeah, but there's a difference (well, a FEW actually, I hope....): he must have more time on his hands than I have.. I hardly ever watch tv, let alone DVD's ! tongue.gif

Francois_Dumas

That must explain my ignorance then grin.gif

For the record, I DO know Peyton Place, Dallas, Beverly Hillbillies, 'The Fonz' (forgot what the series name was), the Man from U.N.C.L.E. and the Last of the Mohicans..... but those wouldn't save me, eh?

Leave it to Beaver

M*A*S*H

Batman

Lost in Space

Speed Racer

Ultraman

Laugh-In

Love American Style

Courtship of Eddie's Father

The Munsters

The Adamms Family

Ah... the flashbacks are wonderous.

As for Mary Ann - 69 years old and partying like she just got off the island. thumbsup.gif

PhillyFlash

Howard, I'm neither a woman nor a non-American, but I don't see where it was one of the best, and I really don't see where it why it would be considered one of the most important. I must admit that, while I've seen some episodes and understand the story line, I didn't really follow the show. And I'm really confused why the 3 Stooges would be considered anything but goofy comedy. Again, I've seen enough of the 3 Stooges to be familiar with the characters, their antics, and the re-occurring trouble they were always in, but that is about it.

Care to explain?

Some things are just beyond explanation.

wink.gif

"Some things are just beyond explanation."

You're not getting off that easy. Be ready for more questions at Big Bend! wave.gif

If your old and stoned,how ya gonna know if you're forgetting anything? eek.gif

And by the way, Green Acres was the "high point" of American televison thumbsup.gif

Okay, the real explanation of Gilligan's Island, from Sherwood Swartz, the producer:

The characters represent the seven deadly sins. Yes they do--and on purpose.

Skipper---Gluttany

Thurston Howell--Greed

Lovey Howell--Vanity

Ginger--Lust

Gilligan--Sloth

The professor--hubris

MaryAnn--Envy

my favorite piece of trivia.

Okay, the real explanation of Gilligan's Island, from Sherwood Swartz, the producer:

Skipper---Gluttany

Thurston Howell--Greed

Lovey Howell--Vanity

Ginger--Lust

Gilligan--Sloth

The professor--hubris

MaryAnn--Envy

Man, the things you can learn from this list...

Skipper---Gluttany

Thurston Howell--Greed

Lovey Howell--Vanity

Ginger--Lust

Gilligan--Sloth

The professor--hubris

MaryAnn--Envy

Hmmm....

I thought the original seven deadly sins are; pride, envy, gluttony, lust, wrath, greed and sloth. The original punishments were maybe a tad harsh.

Pride: Broken on the wheel

Envy: Put in freezing water

Gluttony: Forced to eat rats, toads, and snakes

Lust: Smothered in fire and brimstone

Wrath: Dismembered alive

Greed: Put in cauldrons of boiling oil

Sloth: Thrown in snake pits

But, they’ve been updated.

Apparently polluting, genetic engineering, obscene riches, taking drugs, abortion, pedophilia and causing social injustice are to join pride, envy, gluttony, greed, lust, wrath and sloth as originally defined by Pope Gregory the Sixth in the 6th Century

Feel free to assign a character, but tread lightly with Mary Ann. smirk.gif

Francois_Dumas

Yup, saw that on the evening news too last night.. a whole new ballgame !!!! lmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

Oops, I guess we'll have to 'review' quite a number of threads on this here forum now eek.gifeek.gif

lurker.gif

Archived