IGNORED

Need a tire plugging tool source

paulcbrowne

paulcbrowne

The part that I need is what I'd call a hole rasp that you use to size the hole to the plug before you insert a mushroom plug.

I have one of those neat Stop 'n Plug kits that I have used twice on the bike and twice on my cars. The problem is that one part of the kit is junk and I need a replacement. The rasp part gets totally dulled by steel ture belts, esp. on Tourances.

Hi,

Your local auto parts store likely has a variety of kits and tools.

Many have found the "sticky cord" type repair kit to be more effective for the BMW tubeless tires.Plug does not come out at speed,such as has been reported with the BMW and Stop and Go kits.

Brands such as Monkey Grip,Camel and Victor are good bets.

JR356

You can pick up the whole kit at Wallys for a cheap price. Hardly worth driving/riding around to buy only one part of the kit.

Hi,

Your local auto parts store likely has a variety of kits and tools.

Many have found the "sticky cord" type repair kit to be more effective for the BMW tubeless tires.Plug does not come out at speed,such as has been reported with the BMW and Stop and Go kits.

Brands such as Monkey Grip,Camel and Victor are good bets.

JR356

I concur. Just make sure you get a proper kit that uses solvent with the plug and you'll be good to go. Those non-solvent temporary plugs are garbage.

Archived