IGNORED

04 k1200 gt, rear brake pads-changing

kyle_owens

I removed the brake caliper. The pads are very low. Fortunately, I have a new set. I removed the two bolts on the caliper. How do the pads come out of the caliper? Everything I've tried only makes the brake fluid come out. Seems like it would be so easy. any suggestions??

Thanks for your help.

I removed the brake caliper. The pads are very low. Fortunately, I have a new set. I removed the two bolts on the caliper. How do the pads come out of the caliper? Everything I've tried only makes the brake fluid come out. Seems like it would be so easy. any suggestions??

Thanks for your help.

I´m afraid you´ve started wrong, there is no need to remove the caliper or any bolt.

The top of the caliper is a plastic cap (dust cover) pressure fited to caplipèr´s body, remove it and you´ll see the top of the pads, a couple of pins an a flat spring, everithing is pressure fixed, all you need is remove the pins to remove the pads.

Pistons need to be retracted by manual pressure (carefully lever with a screwdriver) to fit new pads. Fin you self Hynes or Clymer.

Best regards

Japanese

Archived