IGNORED

Motorcycle tenting at private campgrounds?

famousperson

famousperson

Is it ever a problem? I know that there are campgrounds that forbid RVs over 10 years old, so it occurred to me that if they are going to be that picky maybe they wouldn't want the "social stigma" of putting up with motorcyclists. On my trip from Pittsburgh to the Upper Peninsula I plan on staying mostly at state campgrounds, but might be caught on some days with enough miles under my belt that I just want to crash (rather than crash), and don't care where.

What are people's experiences?

I ran into a couple NO motorcycle campgrounds over the years. They have their reasons. But there are so many others that don't discriminate. KOA is always ready to take your money. Get a Woodalls guide and camp away. thumbsup.gif

Personally, I like the KOA Kabins that are at most campgrounds. They are small, usually a double bed and 2 bunks, but they have electricity, lights, air/heat and are lockable so you can toss your stuff in them securely when you're out exploring.

I've done them several times, and they're usually in the $45'ish dollar a night range. all you need to bring is youtr own bed linens.

There is a campground not too far out of your way, actually it would put you close to some great roads (M-22) enroute to the UP. They welcome motorcycles as well as older motorhomes. kestelwoods.com 231-862-3476 Very, very clean restrooms and showers, heated pool, restaurant with the best breakfast and home made baked goods around. Check out their website. PM me for more info, since I live near by...no affiliation, just a good place to camp thumbsup.gif

szurszewski

I've never been turned away from a campground on a moto - but I have no experience camping in the midwest (unless you count the Canadian midwest {do they have one of those?}). My wife and I have actually had more trouble when we're traveling in our truck with a roof tent, but I think that's often because they can't quite decide if they think we're RVers or tenters... confused.gif

Archived