IGNORED

Switched power supply under pillion seat for comms

RoSPA_man

Hi

I seem to remember that someone mentioned in the past that there is a switched power source somewhere in the rear of the 1200RT ('07)- ie under the pillion seat. Anyone know its location more precisely?

Thanks

I believe there is switched power available in an accessory plug attached to left side of the rear fender assembly under the pillion seat. There is nothing connected to this plug so don't know why it is there

Might check this with a meter as I think the switched power has a 20 second "off" delay when bike's electrical system is switched off.

Good Luck

Hi

I seem to remember that someone mentioned in the past that there is a switched power source somewhere in the rear of the 1200RT ('07)- ie under the pillion seat. Anyone know its location more precisely?

Thanks

If you search for switched power you will find I thread on this with details.

power.jpg

There is a connector (lower red circle) on the harness for the rear power outlet (option, mid lower circle). If you have the option, the cable setting on the back of the bike (upper red circle) connects between the two and can be easily tapped. Should be good for 5 amps if you have nothing in the outlet or don't have the outlet. If you have the outlet and want to preserve the full five amps there you can tap it and switch a relay.

If you don't have the rear outlet option and don't want to tap the main harness connector (lower red circle) you can order the connecting cable part # 61127701299 at about $14 and cut that as desired.

One final point, the power outlets remain on for some apparently varying amount of time after you turn the bike off. I typically see a minute or two, some have said as much as fifteen minutes. If you have a high current load you may not like this. Your other option is to go to the front of the bike and tap the parking light power.

Thanks for that - all done - I cut into the loom - ie removed the end connector and wired the radio and it works great. Thanks

Archived