IGNORED

Bent wheel

georgem

Just got two tires mounted and balanced at a non BMW shop. My front wheel is now bent (like someone pried one side out.) It was NOT bent when it went in. (I guess I will be investing in tools to do it myself from now on). My question is on this site once before there was a company or vendor who straightened out these cast wheels. Any one have any clues??? BTW I have the 3 spoke cast (1100RT)wheels.

Paul Mihalka

If it is just bent out a bit from a tire iron, it probably won't do anything. I would still be pissed...

Paul Mihalka

Well, I rode a thousand miles on this wheel, with a new tire and a inner tube. But I don't recommend it... dopeslap.gif

IMG_0566.jpg

Hey paul, The tire runs true but the rim is lumpy. should be ok to ride?

I rode that way for three seasons. (Not with a cracked rim.....that is just plain scary!) Finally got around to bending it back myself with a couple oak blocks and a large vice. It takes a surprising amount of force to bend those. Frankly, I'm surprised someone could do it on a tire change.

Do a site search if you think you may try to straighten it yourself. It's been done more than a few times.

Look for wheel shops that straighten alloy rims -- not necessarily motorcycle places. I got mine done locally for a reasonable price and the they did an excellent job. He told me that BMW rims are fairly soft -- hence easy to straighten. I was happy leaving the job to the professionals.

Well, you could always try these clowns.....

or not tongue.gif

Dammit, that looks like my previous owner! I knew that price was too good to be true. Wife hates the bike, my foot!

Archived