IGNORED

Daytona 08 Bike Week

Fajah

Just a note on the things I found and liked at the gathering.

Anyone that has been to this know that it is a gathering of mostly Harley's and a lot of vendors that are aimed at the Harley Herd.

I found the Hero Camera being demoed at the Yamaha tent, I bought one for $180 and used it, I think it is great and will work for several applications. I hooked it up with the suction mount and while testing, my Buddy riding ahead of me dropped his bike at an intersection. He was headed into the left turn when he panic stopped, dropped the bike gently and he took a tumble, all was OK, but the cam did catch all the action for a postmortem.

Meguiar's, the car care folks, were there at Destination Daytona, with the big 18 wheeler selling their wares. Had a pretty good deal on the new buffer and a bunch of wax/polish/wash stuff to go with it.

Be interested to know what/where others found interesting things during the week.

I did this.

The Yamaha C3 scooter was THE way to get around. All those poor schlubs on International Speedway Blvd. spending an evening clutch slipping. It also made most of those shots possible getting me around the track.

I did this.

The Yamaha C3 scooter was THE way to get around. All those poor schlubs on International Speedway Blvd. spending an evening clutch slipping. It also made most of those shots possible getting me around the track.

Nice Pics thumbsup.gif

I did this.

I often wondered if BMW treated anyone nice...looks like it was you. I spend all my time at the Kawasaki ROK tent...the best deal going for me. Don't own a Kawa but they treat you so nice you would like to be part of the family.

I often wondered if BMW treated anyone nice...looks like it was you.

I am in no way affiliated with BMW. I had a media credential. I was workin'.

BMW treated me, and anyone else who braved the rain, great at the XPLORE reception the night before tho.

I often wondered if BMW treated anyone nice...looks like it was you.

I am in no way affiliated with BMW. I had a media credential. I was workin'.

BMW treated me, and anyone else who braved the rain, great at the XPLORE reception the night before tho.

Not sure what XPLORE is, never heard of it, there is so much happening that week, it is easy to miss. I usually go to the ROK party at Hooters, they have a couple of stunt riders and put on a good feed with door prises and contest.

Great pictures you got.

Archived