IGNORED

Flashlights for protection!

BUSTED

Washington DC ?

How ironic that you should say DC.

Are you aware that DC has had the nation's most restrictive gun laws in place since 1976 (currently being challenged in court)?

It's worked out quite well for the criminals, they seem to be flourishing (and not just those on the government payroll).

Francois_Dumas

Fugu, I read an article last year that DC had the highest murder rate in the US... that triggered my comment. If they dropped to second or third place, I'll be happy to put the new 'star' in my post instead wink.gif

But if it makes you infinitely happy, then I have no problems mentioning Amsterdam too.... there! wink.gif

Oh, and for the record, I will continue to NOT take posts like these seriously..... it is a BMW 'board' grin.gif

Fugu, I read an article last year that DC had the highest murder rate in the US... that triggered my comment.

Oh, and for the record, I will continue to NOT take posts like these seriously..... it is a BMW 'board' grin.gif

Shows you how well gun bans work in this country. The city with the strictest ban has the most gun crime. Maybe that would be because the bad guys don't have to worry about armed good guys, you think?

Where are these people walking their dogs??? eek.gif

My first thought was it looked like a gimmick. A gun farkle so to speak.

I'd think you would have much better luck with that glock in a standard carry location than needing to say "wait, let me unfold my flashlight".

russell_bynum
Where are these people walking their dogs??? eek.gif

My first thought was it looked like a gimmick. A gun farkle so to speak.

I'd think you would have much better luck with that glock in a standard carry location than needing to say "wait, let me unfold my flashlight".

Yeah, for sure. Sorta like a concept car...it's mostly just the engineers showing off.

....it's mostly just the engineers showing off.

We do know how much engineers favor pocket protectors grin.gif

This puts a new spin on the term.

Dick_at_Lake_Tahoe_NV

My property is insured by Colt, Smith&Wesson,and Walther (a foreign carrier). Remember, when seconds count 9-1-1 is just minutes away. clap.gif

I don't have the sound on here in my office and perhaps what I am asking is explained on the sound track, but surely that's not legal. Is it? In the back of my mind I'm thinking that the barrel is too short and that's what killed off the various buttstocks-on-a-pistol designs in the first place, at least as far as US sales are concerned.

surely that's not legal. Is it?

If you live in a compatible state I think you could register the semi auto version as a short barreled rifle by getting the police to sign your permission slip and paying for a tax stamp just like with silencers, full auto, and AOWs. He said the show model was a "machine gun" and you can't buy machine guns made or registered after 1986 unless you are law enforcement or military.

Now, if they made a semi-auto version based on a Glock 17, and you bought that and already owned a Glock 18 registered prior to 1986, then you could possibly use the registered parts off your G18 on the G17 receiver in that flashlight gun to make it full auto, but to be sure you would probably need to run it by the BATFE folks.

If any of that's incorrect somebody please point it out.

Joe Frickin' Friday
He said the show model was a "machine gun"...

If I heard him right, he was showing a "rapid-prototype" model, a non-working display model made mostly of plastic.

Looking at it, it's a Glock with a hinged grip in a folding plastic stock. The slide and trigger assembly appear stock, the recoil parts are intact, and there's an extended barrel.

I bet it works. I'm judging those gun nuts by myself, and I'd want to play with it if I worked there.

Of course he said machine gun and on further review, if you watch when he's pointing out the room for the auto sear's selector switch, you can see that it's a regular semi-auto slide so who knows.

Archived