IGNORED

gotta change this horn

majordad

will the horn from the previous RT generation fit my 2007 RT? I would like to have something more noticable while on the interstate. I liked the horn on the 2004 RT I had.

Check out the horns on the 06 RT... Mine is a foghorn... I believe they changed not long after that (mine has an Sept 05 build date)... I looked up under the fairing and there are TWO horns there. Pretty loud. Don't know why they changed to whatever is on your 07. Perhaps trying to trim costs.

I replaced my little beeb beeb horn on my 11rs with a pair of the hi and low tone fiamms (available lots of places). I couldn't be happier. I just needed one little pigtail to split from a single to the dual horn. You should have plenty of room on your RT.

will the horn from the previous RT generation fit my 2007 RT?
Not sure how you define "fit." The electrical connectors are different. But with some splicing and such I'm sure they could be made to work.

That being said, I agree with others that the Stebel Compact Air Horn is a better choice.

There have been threads on changing from the single horn used now on the new RT's back to the dual horn set up of the '05RT, etc.

If I wasn't @ work, and had more time I'd do the search for you.

All I can say, is that I did the conversion on my '07RT, it was easy, and effective. The wiring AND connectors are already there to convert to the dual horn set-up.

There have been threads on changing from the single horn used now on the new RT's back to the dual horn set up of the '05RT, etc.

All I can say, is that I did the conversion on my '07RT, it was easy, and effective. The wiring AND connectors are already there to convert to the dual horn set-up.

did you just get the horn and swop them out and was the wiring a direct fit?

did you just get the horn and swop them out and was the wiring a direct fit?

Yes to all. The wiring harness is all set for dual horns. All BMW did was take one of the horns out of circuit, and tie up the extra connector. Gimme a bit, I'll find the link.! thumbsup.gif

Ok, here's the link that got me going on replacing the wimpy horn.

Credit goes to "gettysburg" Jim O'Brien, btw, along w/ RTS for great pics as well. PM me if you have any ???'s

linkee

Archived