IGNORED

centech Ap1 fuse box

travelingman

travelingman

Have any of you installed one of these on your 1100 or 1150 RT . If so where did you chose to mounte it. It seems to me right behind the OEM fuse box would be a good place .

Its just that I am hesitant to put the mounting screws into

the plastic fender liner .

Slyder_Steve

Only issue I had trying to use the area behind the fuse box is that I'm a bit "vertically challenged" and it tended to interfere with the seat in the lowest position. Many people on this board have mounted their centech/bluesea just where you're planning. I placed mine behind the left side panel. Good luck.

Steve

travelingman

Steve I have a sargent seat an it dozen,t appear its going to interfer . I just wonder how they attached it ?

You don,t have any pictures of yours behind the side pannel do you ? Did you have to make some kind of braket to mount it on ?

daveinatlanta
It seems to me right behind the OEM fuse box would be a good place.

Yup - that's where I put mine. The short side of the AP-1 is about 1 inch from the back of the fuse box. The long side of the AP-1 is oriented front-back - obviously.

I simply mounted the metal plate that came with the AP-1 on the bottom of the AP-1 and then used velcro to attach that plate to the fender or the metal brace. No problems yet.

The type of seat you have and the height of the seat may dictate where you put the AP-1. I have an RDL seat and it is on the middle position and I have clearance - but not much.

When I had my 1150, I mounted it in the tail section. I used sticky Velcro, & put it on top of the metal bracket. Securely attached, yet easy enough to pull out when needed.

Archived