IGNORED

late winter lack of riding bike lust

lawnchairboy

lawnchairboy

262456196_TGopY-M.jpg

I have a case of late winter lack of riding Bike lust.

Anybody own one of these around here?

I have also been eyeing one of these:

262456252_guiea-M.jpg

Ok, back to work now bncry.gif

The Suzuki is on my short list for a future bike, but I'll try to find a good used one. I'm keeping my eyes open in case I come across a good deal.

Wouldn't it be great to be able to ride all winter? Oh wait...I already can!

Sorry, I just had to rub it in a little.

I hear ya. I'm buying a used DRZ.

From what I can tell the KTM is the better off road bike, but the DRZ has a larger following and um plenty of other good reasons, none of which is really that it's quite a bit CHEAPER.

The WR250R is also on my list. But too new and many have warned me against it being "only a 250".

08WR250R.jpg

And I have no idea why they heck I'd buy one, but I still think they are cool..

knobby_lg04.jpg

I considered both of those bikes but, with BMW giving a very good cash incentive (thanks for pointing this out Phil) this followed me home yesterday.

100_7104.jpg

Pat

Pat, tell me more about the incentives? The BMW seems interesting, but it's expensive (more so than the KTM) and somewhat unproven w/ a smaller gas tank.

Steve, I think I got lucky with this one because the incentive program ended Dec 31st. The dealer still had this one & offered it to me at the discounted price. The first advertised discount was two grand & then it went down to fifteen hundred. The engine is built by Rotax & has been proven in the F650s. I'm not sure if it will be as good as the KTM in the dirt BUT, I know it will be much better at getting you to it, also three years or 36,000 miles is a comforting thought on a "dirt bike". thumbsup.gif

Pat

I owned both the KTM and the DRZ. Both a ton of fun. One is a like a stock Jeep Wrangler, the other one like a well-prepped rally car. I'll let you work it out.

I'm picking up the plate tomorrow so i'll take a shot at a report after a few miles. I can say, it's a stretch to the ground for me, nothing new there. I did putt around the neighborhood & could feel a slight similarity in the engine with my old f650, (not a bad thing). Fit & finish is top rate in my book.

100_7108.jpg

Pat

I'm picking up the plate tomorrow so i'll take a shot at a report after a few miles. I can say, it's a stretch to the ground for me, nothing new there. I did putt around the neighborhood & could feel a slight similarity in the engine with my old f650, (not a bad thing). Fit & finish is top rate in my book.

100_7108.jpg

Pat

ooo.gifHOLY CRAP!!! Apparently your fire department pays much better than mine! LOL Congrats on the new ride...yes I am very VERY jealous. Looks sweet, can't wait to hear how she tears it up!! Get those plates and go for a ride so you can rub it in some more thumbsup.giflmao.gif

100_7108.jpg

Pat

It's not dirty yet. What are you waiting for?? Please do not post anymore pictures san dirt!! grin.gif

I have a DRZ and it is a ton o fun.

I ride it 99% dirt trails and roads, mostly with my son.

Clarke tank

Protapers

GPR stabilizer

D606 knobbies / rim locks

Various skid plates and case savers.

KLR windshield

I geared it down to 47 rear and have a 14 and a 15 for the front.

The bike will go anywhere. It's not a road bike. It'll do road, but it doesn't like it.

199008448_cnb8r-L.jpg

199014340_wG7oU-L.jpg

steve.foote
I owned both the KTM and the DRZ. Both a ton of fun. One is a like a stock Jeep Wrangler, the other one like a well-prepped rally car. I'll let you work it out.

+1

Chris, I've owned both and each has it's particular advantages. But, I'll warn you in advance, dirt is addictive and, for me at least, it's colored ORANGE. cool.gif

Archived