IGNORED

Anyone camped out at Barber?

LJR

I'm thinking about going to the races April 18-29. Has anyone camped out at the track? Wondering what kind of atmosphere to expect at the campground.

Any quiet places?

I camped there when the BMWRA had their national rally there in October 2003. Quiet camping wasn't a problem as they had a separate quiet camp area but the no campfires policy combined with record setting cold temperatures made it interesting! We bought a cheap hibachi and a couple of those manufactured logs to keep away the chill.

The atmosphere at the track was awesome. The track itself, the cool sculptures, the museum all built by and for motorcycle enthusiasts. Enjoy! thumbsup.gif

Here's more info from the BMWRA website http://www.bmwra.org/rally/2003/

SteveHebert

Hey Larry,If you are interested in helping out at the track, take a look  here.  One of the members of our club is heading this up.  I did this in the fall with Nate Kern and it was a blast.  I wish I could be there this time.Have fun!

Thanks guys! glad to here about the quiet area.

Steve, I think helping at the track would be a blast, maybe next time, sort of uncertain of my schedule at this time.

Christian_rider

29 Dreams Motorcycle Resort! Make reservations if it is not to late! Great place and service if needed for the bike! Food, drink, close to the track, a lot of fun roads close and a very BMW and exotic bike friendly place! Camp sites, Cabins, live entertainment, and motorcycles only. $5 0r 10 buck membership required but is easily obtained and is well worth it in my opinion.

Archived