IGNORED

alled bolt under handle bar loose

Bruce H

this is not my day, I have tried the search but can't seem to get the right wording, i know the answer must be here.

The allen bolt under my handle bars ('96 1100GS) is loose. Where do I find the torque spec for this bolt. The bearings seem to be just fine, the bolt is loose and the bars flop a bit side to side.

this is not my day, I have tried the search but can't seem to get the right wording, i know the answer must be here.

The allen bolt under my handle bars ('96 1100GS) is loose. Where do I find the torque spec for this bolt. The bearings seem to be just fine, the bolt is loose and the bars flop a bit side to side.

Not sure what allen head bolt under but maybe this will help..

Handlebars.jpg

Twisty

Bill,

It is the one under the bars, not shown on this drawing going into the center between both forks, like straight down thru the bearings, I'd guess this might be called a yoke?...

Bill,

It is the one under the bars, not shown on this drawing going into the center between both forks, like straight down thru the bearings, I'd guess this might be called a yoke?...

Bruce, this might help..

GSupperbridge.jpg

Twisty

I'll take it back apart on monday, for this weekend I just torqued them off because I didn't figurer out that I needed to release the tubes to get the bolt out.

Thanks, Bruce

Archived