IGNORED

A Question for the Ladies - guys with experience chime in

Dobe66

My wife has had a difficult time balancing layering and overall comfort as a passenger in cool weather. I would like to find an electric vest for her but many don't appear to be configured for women. Any recommendations for a comfortable vest would be appreciated.

Electric vests, by the nature of their exposed arm openings (and the effects that the femal anatomy has on pushing the vest away from the body), don't work as well as electrically heated jacket liners. Take a look at the Gerbing line of thin jacket liners. Heated torso, heated sleeves, heated collar. It's like riding in an electric blanket. And being you're in WA, if you're on the wet side, Gerbing is in Union, on the water south of Olympia. If you can't find a local dealer that carries Gerbing, call the factory and make an appointment. They'd be glad to help you and your missus.

Electric vests, by the nature of their exposed arm openings (and the effects that the femal anatomy has on pushing the vest away from the body), don't work as well as electrically heated jacket liners. Take a look at the Gerbing line of thin jacket liners. Heated torso, heated sleeves, heated collar. It's like riding in an electric blanket. And being you're in WA, if you're on the wet side, Gerbing is in Union, on the water south of Olympia. If you can't find a local dealer that carries Gerbing, call the factory and make an appointment. They'd be glad to help you and your missus.

Totally agree. Wife Tena loves her Gerbings jacket. And we're almost the same size, so I can wear it once in a while! grin.gif

skinny_tom (aka boney)

I use the electric blanket analogy as well. I had Gabby measure me, sent the numbers to Gerbings and got a perfectly fitted jacket in the mail a little bit later.

Money well spent. Oh, that and a heat troller or thermostat so you can dial it in an go!

I agree, skip the notion of a vest completely. But take a look at the Warm N Safe jackets. Mine is much more form-fitting than by Gerbing was. The jacket needs to 'hug you up' all over to be most effective.

Sarah

I agree, skip the notion of a vest completely. But take a look at the Warm N Safe jackets. Mine is much more form-fitting than by Gerbing was. The jacket needs to 'hug you up' all over to be most effective.

Sarah

My wife also gives Warm N Safe (with a 'troller) a big thumbsup.gif.

Totally agree. Wife Tena loves her Gerbings jacket.
+1 Donna too.

++ thumbsup.gif

Don't forget the lifetime warranty on the Gerbings.

I can't add anything, but another endorsement: my wife loves her Gerbings jacket liner (and gloves). Without them I'm certain she wouldn't ride with me this time of year. thumbsup.gif

Arizona_oldguy

My wife both rides her own scooter and also rides on the back of my R12rt. This is Tucson AZ but we ride year round and it is often below freezing at night and early in the morning. I bought her a Gerbing Jacket liner with heated arms and collar. She loves it, it keeps her warm. she has a controller so she can easily adjust the heat, wears it under a variety of garments. I put connections direct to the battery on her scoot and under her seat on the beemer. she just plugs in.

Gerbings was very helpful with the sizing, and it fits her very well. she had to give all sorts of measurements, but other than the trauma of that it has been a roaring success.

I just emailed the sales department at Gerbings. They were very helpful!!!

Glenn

My wife is quite happy with her Widder vest (I use the Gerbings jacket liner and love it). She finds that her jacket keeps the vest snug enough to her body for good heat transfer. Some folks prefer a vest to a jacket, it"s just a matter of preference.

Cheers.............Rod

Archived