IGNORED

08 RT service light

HuskyMick

Paul Mihalka

It is strictly on mileage and date, not like the cars. At the first service the dealer registers the mileage and the date. When the bike reaches 6000 miles or one year, whichever comes first, the service warning shows up. The 6000 miles applies only to valve check, the rest is still on a 12 month cycle. valve check is 6000 miles for R bikes, 12.000 for F bikes and K1200LT, and 18.000 for new style K bikes.

• 2 months later...

I could really do with a response to this. Had my bike serviced last week and the service light has just come on! I have a 40 mile trip to the dealer so would like to know if I can re-set this myself.

I could really do with a response to this. Had my bike serviced last week and the service light has just come on! I have a 40 mile trip to the dealer so would like to know if I can re-set this myself.

I had my service done and they forgot to reset it. I asked if I could, they said no, they have to hook it up to the computer. I took it back in and they hooked it up to reset it. Took about 5 minutes.

Archived