IGNORED

The Ultimate Drag Race: 1000Hp Bugatti vs a Fighter Jet

JerryMather

JerryMather

Video

The two will start side by side from a standstill - The car will go 1 mile, slow down enough to turn around on a full width runway, then come back the 1 mile. The fighter will take off as quickly as possible, go straight up 1 mile, turn around and come back down to about 100' off the deck to fly parallel to the car to attempt to cross the finish line first.

xbubblehead

definitely cool - one of my favorite shows. They seem to have the best job out there. This was worth the price of admission. lurker.gif

szurszewski

I don't know if it would have given him enough extra to win, but it seems to me if you're busy giving commentary you aren't focusing as much on your driving as you could be.... on the other hand, if I were in the driver's seat of that car, I probably wouldn't be able to stop babbling about it either.

ooo.gif

The car is incredibly easy to drive and while the acceleration force is unlike anything street legal on 4 wheels, conversation, especially on a big runway with no other cars to worry about, is not a problem. Even if you've driven other super cars, this thing defies adjectives.

Even Captain Slow agrees in this video.

Top Gear is definitly one of my favorite shows. All kinds of good stuff like this on it. I never thought I'd have a reason to watch BBC America.

Archived