IGNORED

First Ride - Major Grin!

alimar

I took delivery of my new 07 RT at about 3 this afternoon. The day was windy, but spring like here in the northeast. I put just over 20 miles on the clock in about 90 minutes of riding up and down the street with a few runs past the immediate local. While this might not seem significant to some, to me it was monster. The last time I put on any numbers of significance on the clock it was 1977 on a Honda 305 in the Rockies of Colorado. Yes, that was sweet for sure, but today? It's been several hours since parking the bike and nothing can get this stupid grin off of my face. And while I've putted around on a few bikes over the last year or so, this ride? Damn... unbelieveable ride this thing is. I took tomorrow off as it's supposed to be quite nice. The GRIN will continue !!

Congrats, Mark. Just take it easy on those short one-block runs. They're not good for the clutch. Just get that baby out on the open highway, on your way to some twisty backroads, and you'll get to experience the RT at its best in both worlds.

You're not dreaming. It's THAT good. thumbsup.gif

So at 11pm tonight when you find yourself out in the garage sitting on the RT makin' vroom, vroom sounds do not be alarmed. That's perfectly normal.

Ride Safe

I rode today too.. I couldn't wait any longer. Just a short 40 mile run, to see how she runs since the last service.

Congrats, it's an awesome bike. thumbsup.gif

See if you can find a subdivision with cul de sacs and stop signs. Good place to practice and it will pay off later when you take your act on the road. Don't overdo it on the clutch; it gets hot in a hurry on "friction zone" maneuvers. I spent so much time cruising the adjacent neighborhood that I'm surprised I wasn't reported as a suspected pediphile. It also amazed me how tiring it was to ride when I first got the bike. Takes a while to learn to relax and unclench; then th miles can start building up.

From a 305cc in '77 to an RT is a big, big leap. Just take your time and be safe. Pick your times and places carefully. My goal was to get home safe and not scare myself so badly that I'd be afraid to get back on the bike. My motto was "One foot only out of the comfort zone; never two."

You'll keep that grin on for a really long time.

Ah, that new bike feeling. Kinda like having a newborn without all the wrinkles and screaming smirk.gif Congrats on the new ride, have fun. thumbsup.gif

Sounds like your enjoying the new bike. Just be careful. Down my way(Salem CT) we have way too much sand on the roads to even think about riding.

That Honda 305 brings back memories. In 1972 it was the second "real" motorcycle I ever rode. Good luck with the new ride. She ain't no 305 tongue.gifdopeslap.gif

So at 11pm tonight when you find yourself out in the garage sitting on the RT makin' vroom, vroom sounds do not be alarmed. That's perfectly normal.

Ride Safe

Yup! BTDT. Laughed my ass off...

Pictures man, pictures!

Been busy riding! I'll queue some up perhaps over this weekend. Nice windy dry day coming up on Sunday! Chilly though...

One quick pic (attached). Phreak - that silver looks good. You should call it Silver Phreak. Perhaps I'll name mine Blue Balls! lmao.gif

1006568-DSC00324-2.JPG.9a2b37c6d7722dfbea5c815b6a53980f.JPG

Congrats on the new ride and getting back to riding after all these years!!! I can remember the excitement and joy of getting back to riding with some friends after not riding for 18 years. WOW! I can't wait for that first long ride of the new season!!! Good Luck! Ride Safe!!! AndyT

Archived