IGNORED

Attn Unrally Campers: Please Read!!

Spikes_Wife

So, I was out enjoying a nice birthday/anniversary dinner with Spike, when I was interrupted by my cell phone. It was the campground -- they were very confused because a BMWST member (who shall remain nameless smile.gif ) called them to make reservations in our area.

Let me repeat again here:

PLEASE DO NOT CALL THE CAMPGROUND DIRECTLY. ALL OF THE SPOTS ARE RESERVED IN MY NAME AND WILL STAY THAT WAY. IF YOU CALL THEM, YOU WILL CONFUSE THINGS. YOU MUST EMAIL OR PM ME IF YOU WANT TO CAMP.

Thank you, please drive thru. thumbsup.gif

So we're supposed to call the campground directly? OK, if you say so.

How about we just get on a conference call and do it all at once. Three a.m. tomorrow morning? That way they won't be busy when we call. smile.gif

How about we just get on a conference call and do it all at once. Three a.m. tomorrow morning? That way they won't be busy when we call. smile.gif

I'm here at work all night, I'll call first! Thanks for clearing that up Patty! thumbsup.gif

So we're supposed to call the campground directly? OK, if you say so.

Good! I will call them today to confirm my hotel reservation! Thanks Patty for making this so easy! thumbsup.gif

Sounds like you'll be busy taking care of things, I'll call the campground myself to help ya out.

You know that no matter what you say, some of the many will make a mistake and call direct. smile.gif

You know that no matter what you say, some of the many will make a mistake and call direct. smile.gif

Yeah, but there is a contigency plan for that! smirk.gif

Yeah, but there is a contigency plan for that! smirk.gif

Yeah. I told the campground owner to charge 'em the FULL PRICE. eek.gif

(No, I didn't really do that, but I wish I could thumbsup.gif)

they were very confused because a BMWST member called them to make reservations in our area.

sO wHAT iF he wanted to go to a different area...would that be cool or what???

dopeslap.gifI'm Cornfused dopeslap.gif

they were very confused because a BMWST member called them to make reservations in our area.

sO wHAT iF he wanted to go to a different area...would that be cool or what???

dopeslap.gifI'm Cornfused dopeslap.gif

Apparantly someone called the campground to make a reservation in the "BMW Motorcycles area", not some other place. Every last spot in that area has been reserved in my name -- this isn't done like a block thing. I have flat out reserved and paid a deposit* for every one of those sites. I have negotiated a deep discount with the campground. If you call them, they will not be able to put you in our area of the campground (because there is a reservation for all of those spots), and you will pay double what you would pay if you contact me instead -- because you will be treated like a normal camper. The campground hosts motorcycle events frequently, and this is how they require that everything be handled. They would rather deal with phone calls and payment via one person instead of fifty. thumbsup.gif

* Well, actually, they're being nice and are allowing me to pay the deposit in March when the campground opens again.

If you call them, they will not be able to put you in our area of the campground (because there is a reservation for all of those spots), and you will pay double what you would pay if you contact me instead -- because you will be treated like a normal camper.

This is a perfect example of what Shawn calls "the Chicago way".

You can do dis, or you can do dat. If you do what I tell you to do, things go good. If you do what you do, I can't be held responsible for what happens to you.

Not following instructions = being an outsider and paying 2x for the priv? Sounds perfect. smile.gif

because you will be treated like a normal camper

In contrast to an abnormal BMWST.COM camper?

Correct. We get the "abnormal BMWST.COM camper" discount. LOL

• 1 month later...

Do you reply to your emails? (I've sent two) I'm interested in camping, but would like to know costs, location, etc.

Thanks for a prompt reply. No offense intended. bncry.gif

Uh, did you read the other threads in this forum or check out the website that has most all of that information listed? No offence intended. bncry.gif I dont think Patti has received yer emails, but if there are questions that information doesnt answer feel free to email me.

-- Spike

Spikes_Wife
Do you reply to your emails? (I've sent two) I'm interested in camping, but would like to know costs, location, etc.

Thanks for a prompt reply. No offense intended. bncry.gif

I've responded to all emails and PMs that I've received, with the exception of one PM that I got yesterday while I was in training all day. I just now got through a morning full of meetings and was getting ready to respond to that PM.

I see you've recently registered -- what's your email address, because I don't recall getting anything from you.

Spikes_Wife

This bothered me all day, so I went digging through my inbox just now when I got home from work and found one unanswered message from "Glenn Rogers". If that's you, I apologize and your response is on its way. That message somehow got burried in the flood of email that I get every day.

frown.gif

Archived