IGNORED

Honda S2000

tbloomq

Anyone out there with a Honda S2000? Are you happy with it? Would you rather have bought a Miata or something else? Maybe a BMW 335?

Thinking about the next car and there are lots of choices.

Tom

Anyone out there with a Honda S2000? Are you happy with it? Would you rather have bought a Miata or something else? Maybe a BMW 335?

Thinking about the next car and there are lots of choices.

Tom

i tRIED that rig...really kinda liked it - but...(and it's a big ''butt'') grin.gif

The friggen seats are made for those with a bum and shoulder width like that of Paris Freakin' Hilton...on a week no food bender..!

NO ROOM..! Zero...

Miata...we're saving now for a slightly used '07 with the new larger mill -- we have a '91 with 121,000. on the clock and no issues. Starts every time...sits in winter outside unplugged...first nice day (months later this year..ahhhh!!) starts on the first tug - no effort. thumbsup.gif

How do you argue with that..?

We have the Miata. Test drove several S's at the time, in 2003. They really just aren't the same beasts. Miata is a sports car, S is race car. We feel our Miata could use some more ponies (and the newer ones have them), but would not want it to have power of the S. Just depends what you are looking for.

Fit and finish, especially the tops, were better on the Miata's. The Miata's handling is impeccable, and some raters say it exceeds that of vehicles even three or four times it's price.

Owned two Miatas. While they are not race cars (unless you put a blower on them) they are an absolute blast to drive. Get the revs up and they are quite spirited. The handling is extraordinary, and as mentioned, they just start and run. When I lost track of the first one I owned it had 160,000 and was going strong. The second was as trouble free as the first. The ex has that one.

The ex was not as trouble free as the Miata. eek.gif

Miata...we're saving now for a slightly used '07 with the new larger mill -- we have a '91 with 121,000. on the clock and no issues.

[hijack]I think I told you once that I was looking for an older, well worn Miata. I'm still looking. wave.gif [/hijack]

Miata...we're saving now for a slightly used '07 with the new larger mill -- we have a '91 with 121,000. on the clock and no issues.

[hijack]I think I told you once that I was looking for an older, well worn Miata. I'm still looking. wave.gif [/hijack]

dANG iT..Sammy...I'm not sure I'd be willing to let her go - it's just too good.

[HIJACK]

I've done a new clutch new tires new brakes new muffler (glass pack for that sound - oh yeah) new shocks new speakers every fluid is synth - it runs like a flippin top...now why would I get rid of it - and spend $15-$20000 on a newer one. Not ready to let it go - sorry...hec, I bought it with 52000 on it...back in 1998. It's kinda like part of the family. It's never been beat on...all panels are perf too...so - it's a keeper...[/HIJACK]

I test-drove an S2000, but didn't care for it. It certainly had power, and handled okay, but it was not a joyous car.

Ditto the BMW versions of the Miata (Z3/M roadster.)

On the other hand, I've owned two (identical first generation) Miatas.

It's neither the fastest car I've ever owned, nor the best handling.

Heck, I even had to shave down the seats down by a couple of inches to even see out the windshield!

But of all the cars I've owned, it is my favorite.

I found that it's near impossible to climb out of the car in a bad mood. That car is just downright fun.

Mazda brought back the 2-seat convertible when they created the Miata. And they got it right.

Many (including Mazda!) have tried to imitate or improve on it, but none (that I've had the chance to try) have captured the same magic.

Lone_RT_rider
Miata...we're saving now for a slightly used '07 with the new larger mill -- we have a '91 with 121,000. on the clock and no issues. Starts every time...sits in winter outside unplugged...first nice day (months later this year..ahhhh!!) starts on the first tug - no effort. thumbsup.gif

How do you argue with that..?

You don't....you just get one. grin.gif We picked this bad boy up a few weeks back as a "3rd car".

255560446_eJJa2-XL.jpg

258890993_zjg3E-XL.jpg

Be careful though..... there is such a thing as.... too much fun.... crazy.gifeek.gifdopeslap.gif

258890932_2kTPB-XL.jpg

It's a 1994 with 107K on the clock. Special thanks to Marty Hill for scouting it for us in Hotlanta!

grin.gif

Shawn

I know owners of both, and they're fairly fanatical fans about their vehicles. I've test driven the S2000 and loved it - it fit like a glove, all zippy and everything, best shifter going, and I love the spartan interior as there is nothing to break. Problem is (and well documented on the S2KI site) is that in South Florida the S2000 seats are highly sought after and are regularly stolen, leaving you with a sliced up top while you are in the movies. The insurance rates on that vehicle make it cost prohibitive as a result. Also, the S2K is terrible in the wet, and they chew through tires.

Enter the MX-5/Miata - I'm getting close to driving one, and I like the retractable hard-top option, but dang if that car isn't small! Top gear did a nice piece on it - see if you can Google it. I love hearing about all the high milers out there still running - I like to buy 'em to keep 'em, but haven't lately.

lawnchairboy

Sweet :

my friend Greg scared the hell out of me tearing around the roads out in the Va country side in his miata... plenty enough power to scare the hell out of a passenger...

chris

Archived