IGNORED

Green Oil?

DavidEBSmith

DavidEBSmith

Just saw this website via the Toolmonger blog for a company claiming to be producing motor oil from animal/plant sources (beef tallow is mentioned). It's supposed to be non-toxic, biodegradable, and packaged in recyclable packaging. The interesting part is that they have another product that, when mixed with the used motor oil, is supposed to produce a non-toxic soil that can be used as fertilizer. And you know it must be true, because it's got electrolytes - I mean, nanotechnology.

Inquiring minds want to know:

- what about all that toxic stuff that we're always being warned is in our used motor oil?

- if you're a vegan, is it more or less moral to use motor oil derived from cows than to use motor oil derived from old dead dinosaurs?

- if I use this in my bike, will it smell like McDonalds french fries?

- could beef tallow be the solution to BMW final drive problems?

Joe Frickin' Friday
And you know it must be true, because it's got electrolytes - I mean, nanotechnology.

You talk like a...a...wait, never mind, I'm a moderator, gotta bite my tongue.

The interesting part is that they have another product that, when mixed with the used motor oil, is supposed to produce a non-toxic soil that can be used as fertilizer.

Found mention of G-Disposoil all over the web and once on their site, but no description from them about what it is or how it works. Their safety info seems disturbingly glib; I suspect a scam or a joke.

- what about all that toxic stuff that we're always being warned is in our used motor oil?

Like carcinogenic combustion byproducts, and traditional oil additives like ZDDP? Don't worry, according to their FAQ, "GET products are totally safe for you, your family, around your pets and the environment. There are no adverse effects evident through swallowing, skin absorption, eye contact or inhalation."

OTOH, they don't address the safety of a blend of G-DISPOSOIL and used motor oil... ooo.gif

Archived