IGNORED

Looking for a U.A.B Can U Help?

jbr7t

Looking for an Ugly A$$ Bike! I need something cheap. I don't care what it looks like. I would prefer that it runs or is at least in order that it could be made to run with a little elbow grease. Gas prices and the fact that I am going nuts without a bike but with the new addition to our family a bike payment every month is not in my budget. If anybody can help or knows of a place to find such things let me know. thumbsup.gif

I have an 85 RZ350 x race bike in a garage a few miles from you in Bumpass (with virgina title). It needs carbs rebuilt, tires, and a battery, but it started in 3 kicks about a month ago. It's a wild ride.

I also have a very nice 78 Yamaha DT250 in Charlottesville with new battery, tires, brakes, clutch. Doesn't need a thing, plus you can run it with vintage Virginia plates (no annual car tax, no annual license fee). I think it has about 14k miles and I ran it in the Shenandoah 500 in Solon a few years back.

PM me for prices so that this won't appear to be a misplaced classified ad.

dt250.jpg

$$??

Money is an issue and it depnds on CHEAP!! 08 KLR 650 $5500.00 is inexpensive in today's world. Look at the older KLR's, very cheap!! And BMW RS for a 2000 to 2003 might be an option as well...gotta be a little more specific when ya ask the question!! thumbsup.gif

$$??

Money is an issue and it depnds on CHEAP!! 08 KLR 650 $5500.00 is inexpensive in today's world. Look at the older KLR's, very cheap!! And BMW RS for a 2000 to 2003 might be an option as well...gotta be a little more specific when ya ask the question!! thumbsup.gif

Yes I do need to be more specific. I mean CHEAP. Like I'm diggin pennies out of the couch to go to mcdonalds for the apple pies at 2 for a buck. So, in other words, $5,000 is pricey where i'm sittin. thumbsup.gif

russell_bynum
$$??

Yes I do need to be more specific. I mean CHEAP. Like I'm diggin pennies out of the couch to go to mcdonalds for the apple pies at 2 for a buck. So, in other words, $5,000 is pricey where i'm sittin. thumbsup.gif

$5000 is too much, but what IS your price range?

"Cheap" is not a range.

A new Ninja 250R is $3400. Used (you should buy used so you don't eat that big depreciation hit) is even less. Cycletrader is currently showing 15 Ninja 250's listed for less than $2000. It shouldn't be too hard to find one that you can get out the door for less than $1000.

Ok, i guess everyone is looking for exact numbers. To be quite honest I'm trying to stay $1000 and under. In a couple more months when I get a little more change set aside I might be able to swing 1500 or 2000. So basically the cheaper the better. For instance: I found a honda here in richmond for $750 it was actually in surprising good shape. I showed up with the cash as a guy was pulling out the driveway with it on his trailer frown.gif

You also didn't say what you want to use it for, but KLR's can be found in just about any price range and condition. And they are easy to work on and a ton of parts are available for them.

You also didn't say what you want to use it for, but KLR's can be found in just about any price range and condition. And they are easy to work on and a ton of parts are available for them.

It's mostly gonna be an up and down the rode to work type thing. But I'm not opposed to putting street tires on a KLR

russell_bynum

It's mostly gonna be an up and down the rode to work type thing. But I'm not opposed to putting street tires on a KLR

Ninja 250 would be my pick.

I thought about the ninja 250 but I am 6'2" and in the 255-260lbs area so wasn't sure if it was enough bike. I haven't found one that I could try out.

I thought about the ninja 250 but I am 6'2" and in the 255-260lbs area so wasn't sure if it was enough bike.

I'm 6' and 225# with ATGATT. I've ridden my wifes Carol's Ninja 250 at the track, and left a couple guys on liter bikes pretty embarrassed in the tight corners.

You have to rev it, really rev it, like 12k+ rpm to make real power. You have to shift alot to keep it in the power band. It's stone reliable, makes enough juice for heated gear, gets 55-65 mpg, will go 110 mph, zero-60 in 5.6 sec. and do a 14.6 second quarter mile. Faster than most cars.

russell_bynum

I thought about the ninja 250 but I am 6'2" and in the 255-260lbs area so wasn't sure if it was enough bike. I haven't found one that I could try out.

Enough bike for what? Do you need to go 90mph on the freeway or something like that?

If this is supposed to be a cheap way to get to and from work without breaking the bank, without burning lots of fuel, and while getting you back on 2 wheels, then what's the issue? The more displacement/power you get, the more it is going to cost to operate.

If you're convinced the 250 isn't going to be enough, then look at the 500.

For that matter, ratty old 600cc sportbikes are a dime a dozen. Find an FZR600, CBR600F2 or something like that that's been rashed and needs some TLC. You aren't going to do as well on the fuel economy side of things, but that would give you more power than you'd ever need.

True Beaverdam isn't too big!! Lol

I actually have been trying to keep up on craigslist. A couple of those ones you attached I had looked into. I actually saw that one from beaverdam the other day but the guy hasn't called me back as of yet. Thanks for the research!!! thumbsup.gif

Archived