IGNORED

For the SLC riders

JohnBryer

When is the riding going to start around here? I'm enduring the first winter of my adult life and I'm not liking it too much.

Are there any weekend trips or organized rides coming up any time soon?

See the Motorcycle R&R Special Events Page and the Beehive Beemers Website for some upcoming events.

Watch here for more coming up. I may be posting something soon... need to see what develops...

Accolade/BMW of Salt Lake also plans to organize some rides. You can talk to Keith there at the parts counter.

Oh... and there are several other groups that aren't necessarily BMWs. Utah Sport Bike Assn. if you like hooning around at speed, and there are a couple of groups in Park City. Bob (hopz) knows about one I think. Maybe he'll chime in.

Be careful of ice in shady spots, leftover sand and salt even when no ice is evident, and falling rocks in thawing conditions, if you venture into the mountains/canyons. I would scout any canyon routes on four wheels before a two wheel attempt. Most people ride out West this time of year on nice days.

Jan

After this weekend, my wife will be in Boston for 3+ weeks as her sister delivers her first child.

If we get a clear weekend, and anyone wants to do a trip to southern Utah, or anywhere we can get to and back over the weekend, I'd be interested.

I need to get out for a ride too. But my weekends are booked. Basketball season for my two boys ends this Saturday, and baseball tryouts are next Saturday. dopeslap.gifdopeslap.gif

I will keep my eyes on this thread as well and if something comes up I will see what strings I can pull to join the ride.

Julia & I are riding to Moab this weekend. Staying at the Rodeway Inn & Suites.

We're going to leave pretty early Saturday morning so we can get to Arches and go do some hiking. We're just spending 1 night, but any excuse to get away for a weekend is good to me! thumbsup.gif

I just had R&R install my WIlber's shocks, so I can't wait to test them out!

After 25 years in the Ogden Valley I'm so grateful I left 7 months ago to Western North Carolina. My friends have told me I got out at just the right time. As you probably know, the winter there has been one of the heaviest in a decade.

That's what was so frustrating. I sometimes had to wait for a break in the weather in the Spring for a few hours ride. I couldn't get warm on a bike until June and sometimes the weather in my valley would turn ugly for a week at a time. Here in NC I've hardly missed a weekend even through the "Winter" if you can call it that. Last weekend it was 70 degrees and I was on the bike as was every other biker in North Carolina. This is Heaven! One consolation is that the weather on the west side of the Wasatch tends to be milder then the higher elevations on the eastern side. So, you should get some significant riding in, come April.

Bruce

I thought R&R did Ohlins?

Enjoy your ride - Hopefully the weather's nice this weekend.

I bought the shocks used off advrider.com and had them rebuilt for me. R&R just installed them, they didn't sell them.

After this winter, I'm missing NC a lot!!!!!!

Julia & I are riding to Moab this weekend. Staying at the Rodeway Inn & Suites.

We're going to leave pretty early Saturday morning so we can get to Arches and go do some hiking. We're just spending 1 night, but any excuse to get away for a weekend is good to me! thumbsup.gif

Wish we had our bikes.... See Here.

Should be a good trip!

Jan

I thought R&R did Ohlins?

Enjoy your ride - Hopefully the weather's nice this weekend.

R&R pushes Works Performance, but can get and will install any of the majors. As Ron put it to me, if you know what you want, you'll get it, if you come asking for advice, he'll recommend Works.

Jan

Archived