IGNORED

Satellite Radio

Arizona_oldguy

Arizona_oldguy

I would like to install some kind of Satellite radio on my rt. I have an autocom. What is involved? Assume I know nothing about Satellite radio.javascript:void(0)

confused.gif

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Glenn

Glenn, if you come over to check out my tire changer (re your PM), I'll be glad to show you what's involved with interfacing an XM radio into Autocom.

My experience with the Sirius radio and my Autocom Active 7 was hit and miss until I made some improvements recently.

I initially experienced interference and what I thought was a signal loss which produced a funky weebly space alien sound (cool but tiresome after a while). I eliminated this through the addition of a small ground loop isolator.

Secondly, the output volume was really weak and the Autocom was unable to boost the sound. I added a Boosteroo amplifier and now I have clean crisp sound which is loud enough to hear easily with the helmet speakers.

Since I discovered channel 30 "The Coffee House" I can't leave home without it.

Arizona old guy, I've sent you a PM about a free XM radio set up you can have to play with. I was about to throw it away but would much rather pass it on to someone for their use.

Dear DAV,

I would like to ride a MV Augusta, can you help?

grin.gif

Nice of you to help him out. thumbsup.gif

Arizona_oldguy

I want to thank Dav, who came through with an essentially new Xm Roady-xt, complete with all sorts of mounting options, base units for car, home, and bike, with antennas and remotes and all the necessary power supplies. What a great guy!

I was able to plug in and listen to all sorts of good stuff on the drive down from Casa Grande to Tucson.

THANKS DAV!

I also want to thank John who opened up his Garage, showed me all the great farkels on his GSA and the equipment he uses to change tires and service his bikes. He had some great recommendations for me about tires and sources for same, and on how to drain the final drive. He was also a fearless/shameless promoter of Arizona Al's earplugs and Jim's service DVD.

What a great board this is.

Thanks everybody for their responses, and Tallman, if I ever have a spare MV Augusta that I don't have any use for I will certainly give you a call. Paying it forward is a great code to live by.

Glenn

Archived