IGNORED

Which Froggs Toggs

BabyCow

From inquiries I understand that Froggs Toggs are a good/reasonable overgear for the wet. What I need to know is which model of Froggs Toggs. I need something that will fit over leathers or protective not waterproof motorcycle gear for up to heavy rain in warmer/milder (i.e. not winter) weather. Do the sizes take into account they will be worn over the top of motorcycle gear? Are some of the suits more specific for motorcycles that others? Thanks for any help

Forget the Frogg Toggs..At least the pants..Water will penetrate at the crotch leaving you with a Frogg Togg Monkey Butt.. bncry.gif

I have frog toggs and IMHO don't think they are that good for motorcycle riding. I thing they are fine for fishing in the rain.

Not a bad item to have in the saddlebags. They roll up to a very small size. And they are cut very generously so fitting over gear is not likely the problem. Staying dry for very long is! Great to put on to get thru a quick summer shower but they do seem to soak thru quickly especially at contact points. Great to keep as overwear in case cold temps catch you off guard (block wind well).

Michael - spend the extra bucks and get a two piece rainsuit - I have had a Tour Master Elite for over 2 years and served me well.

The best thing to do is once you figured out the suit you want is go to a brick and mortar store that sells what you are looking for and then trying them on with your usual riding gear.

This will do two things, one confirm the size you need, two (more importanlty) show you how difficult/easy it is to get on by the side on the road. Simulating what happens as either you get caught in a squall or you see yourself driving into one.

Bottom line - Frogg Toggs are bottom rung, get into something useful

Luis

FWIW Cabela's has gore-tex rain suits of decent quality in a variety of colors that fit nicely over motorcycle gear. For example, I have an XXL-Long jacket and XL-Long pants that I wear over a stich in the prolonged deluges - bone dry. They pack light and roll up nicely. Paid $100 for the jacket and $90 for the pants. I recommend them.

Good luck. thumbsup.gif

Frogg toggs have worked well for me and my wife for two years. We have the cheap standard models with a hood and they keep me dry and have held up well. I pack a couple of plastic grocery bags with them that I put over my boots to make it easier to get the pants on. Mine are a 2X, fit well over my mesh gear, and I am about 6' and 250LBS.

I've got the standard set, only with bib pants. I've only had to use them a few times, but they kept me perfectly dry. I ride an RT and so my weather protection is excellent to begin with. If I were on a naked bike it might be a different situation.

Easy to pack, reasonable price, I'd buy them again.

I have owned the classic, which looks like Tyvek material. With wear, due to high speed travel and wind turbulence on the motorcycle, the waterproofing becomes less effective. It works well for boating and fishing.

I purchased the Elite series and have worn this suit through heavy downpours with no leaks. It costs more than the Classic, but is much better suited to the wind whipping that occurs with motorcycle riding.

I have a set of those and just don't care for them much. I prefer a motorcycle rainsuit. The one I use is a "dry rider" and it works well enough. Someday maybe I'll just spring for rain proof riding gear - maybe.

I hear Frogg Toggs are great if ya want your undies washed while ya ride.....

54791185_2kyMz-L.jpg

At least that's what Billy and Eric told me....

Thanks for all the input. Luis... I have both an Atlantis suit, Darien pants, Tourguard jacket and a Streetguard jacket ( My name is Michael. I have a motorcycle clothing problem) so I am right for totally waterproof stuff. What I don't like is in warmer/hot weather which we experience here in Australia when wearing the Streeguard/Tourguard I am hot and uncomfortable. Ditto with the Dariens if worn over jeans. The Atlantis is ok but what I want is something I can put over my non waterproof leathers or Savanna jacket when it rains during summer/milder weather when on tour. (In our winters I wear the waterproof stuff whether it is raining or not). The weather would be normally warmish/sometimes hot temps with up to torrential rain. Think monsoonal/tropics. Generally I will be wearing the Atlantis pants so the bottoms are not so important. I have looked at the Cabelas stuff and maybe I will just buy a Goretex jacket in xxxl to go over whatever non waterproof jacket I am wearing. I have just sees the Froggs Toggs stuff mentioned here and most seemed happy with it. I was looking for a suit/jacket/pants that are cheap (but not nasty), reliable (waterproof.... not perfect but not crap),breathable (very important) and portable (in the sense that it folds away small) thumbsup.gif

Archived