IGNORED

Price for 04 1150rt

aal3

I've got my 04 1150rt for consignment sale at a local shop, for about 5 or so months now. Some interest, but hasn't sold yet. $10,500 is the asking price, but negotiable. About 17,000 miles. Beautiful condition. Is the price out of line, or should I just wait and hope things get better as the weather gets better?

I think its in line! Weather, and I here Everywere folks are slow to pull the triger on ALL things!

it will sell.......your timming was the thing I think!

bd

I think it is a tad high but if you are in a position to keep it than no problem. I bought a 2002 1150RT in good condition with 24K miles(just broken in)on Ebay two years ago for $7,900.00. I have since put on 32K miles with no problems. I would try Ebay as suggested. I have bought 3 BMWs off the site. Of course, Ebay buying is not for everyone, but alot of stuff gets sold off of it! cool.gif

D

I paid under $10k if FL for my '04 in November. 10k miles + am/fm/cass and optional black paint. I see you're in SoCal, so I'm guessing the Winter/Spring doesn't matter much. Good luck.

65cruiserman

I cant see the price being out of line. I paid 13k for my 02 rt 3 years ago. It has some minor mods like track bar and exhaust but thats all. 10,5 looks good to me.

Do you have it listed everywhere? I mean like www.bmwmoa.org , http://www.ibmwr.org/marketplace.shtml , advrider, http://www.cycletrader.com/ , craigslist .. etc. ?

You can't over-advertise. You'll get nibbles and bites from all over the country, especially as it warms up. Maybe offer free shipping at the asking price. I live near Seattle and looked nationwide for my 04 RT...bought it from a guy near LA ( My RT ) It was a long trailer ride home, during January. But sell it nationwide, not just through your consignment dealer! thumbsup.gif

I paid about that for mine a year ago w/ only 9000 miles on it + Cee Baileys shield, all cases, Sargent seat, Remus pipes and Ohlins.

Now it was part of a trade deal w/ a private party and the money gets confusing, but that's about what the real cost in UT dollars was.

As such you might be a smidge high for this time of year depending on your bike's equipment.

Once the sun comes out, who knows.

It's basically stock, except has a power commander, and a Wunderlich seat. I did have it on bmw.org. I suppose I'll leave it at the asking price, since its negotiable anyway. I thought maybe the price was scaring people away, but it sounds like its not too high for an initial asking price.

I've got my 04 1150rt for consignment sale at a local shop, for about 5 or so months now. Some interest, but hasn't sold yet. $10,500 is the asking price, but negotiable. About 17,000 miles. Beautiful condition. Is the price out of line, or should I just wait and hope things get better as the weather gets better?

I look at it this way...bike is now 4 years old at $10.5,so for a few "G's" more you can get into a new or newer 1200 series with the remainder of a warranty..............

I've already seen 1-2 year old 1200RT's going for $13-$13.5K with 8-15K miles, .

In my experiences,most people will buy *cash* for under $10 G's or a minimal cash loan that they payoff in a year.

Anything over $10K, people most likely have to finance @2-3 yrs.

My reasoning is, why not just put the money toward a new or newer 'scoot with a nice large down payment and get into the latest series bike with some warranty. And have a really *low* monthly payment.

Price it under $10K and she'll sell.

The owner of my 04 RT just sold it in Sept/Oct. 2007 for $10K with 12K miles on it. I think you might be a bit high. If it were me selling my bike I would get it from the dealer and advertise it on Craigslist, ibmwr.org, cycle trader, and any other local website, paper, etc. and sell it yourself. I would mark it down to $10K and take $9.7K or $9.8K and be done with it. Remember this is winter for most of the country and guys are not thinking about buying bikes right now. It is also tax time. You can price it to sell of price it to keep. Your choice. There may not be a market for the seller but there is ALWAYS a market for a BUYER.

Remember this is winter for most of the country and guys are not thinking about buying bikes right now.

I'm not sure I agree. Right about now there are a lot of people who are suffering from spring fever...big time, and are dying to get out and ride, or buy a new ride. I think we are getting real close to prime selling time, if we are not already there. The next month or so should be a sellers market. I agree with other posters...advertise it everywhere. Buyers will be coming out of the woodwork. If the bike is as mint as it sounds, and you are asking $10.5 and are willing to negotiate a bit, you should be able to get close to $10K.

If it's the red one at RPM Cycles' web site, your bike is stunning. The photos are fantastic. I sent an email to RPM and got a nice note back. As I was gathering my finances together, my buddy offered me his similarly equipped Silver '04 RT for a couple thousand less so I took the deal. It's a nice bike, but it ain't red. Good luck, your's will sell.

I bought my '04 1150rt, with ~21,000 miles at Malcolm Smith for just about $10k last July. I think you're right in the ballpark, especially with the willingness to dicker a bit.

John

Your price is in the ballpark ... especially considering that you have said that it is negotiable. Has the dealer had any inquiries ... was the objection to the price or ... limited salesmanship ... unqualified buyer ($$$) ???

I paid that amount to my dealer last year for an '04 with ~4k miles ... yours will sell ... or none will ...

"maybe it's the economy" lmao.gif

mefly2, I think there's been some interest, but it just hasn't sold. The shop had a couple of other rt's that were a little older and less expensive, and they sold. I sold another bike at the shop a couple of years ago, and it sold pretty fast.

Archived