IGNORED

Let's have dinner in Florida

SteveHebert

SteveHebert

I will be staying in Satelite Beach for a few weeks starting 16 March and would love to get together with some of the Florida crew. I have shared PMs with Rich and Jake and thought maybe we could do a group thing to send me on my way for the next year or so.

If this sounds good, I would like one of the locals to suggest something. I will have a car there so traveling is not a problem. I will know my schedule more on the 17th, but I assume that weekends are free.

SteveHebert

I won't be there for 2 more weeks,arriving on the 16th.

Not sure of my schedule. I know I will inbrief on the 17th and 18th and then get shots, etc. if I need them.

D'oh sorry, missed that part.

I'm in when you get settled, it looks like I will be off that week altogether.

RichEdwards

Sounds good for dinner. Please avoid Orlando. I only go there when the stars align my grandchildren with DisneyWorld. tongue.gif

lived in sat bch for many years.....mrs bfish graduated from sat high. while my weekday schedule is not good..fri/sat evenings will work. keep in touch. i'll pm my office number. we live in lake washington area now...still melbourne, but a tad west of 95. pm sent.

There is a nice BBQ joint in Cocoa Beach, cant remember the name of it. I am up in Titusville, so I am game for whenever you set something up.

• 2 weeks later...
SteveHebert

Let's plan this for Saturday the 29th. Suz'anne is flying in for the weekend and it will be good to have her meet some of you folks, me too for that matter. There is a nice looking place in historic Melbourne that looks good. I have no idea about it, just saw an ad.

If not there, then let one of the locals pick a spot.

RichEdwards

Let's plan this for Saturday the 29th.

Can't do the 29th. I have some long-standing plans for that day. (And Big D too.) tongue.gif

island pasta is a nice place downtown. not truly a pasta place but a cool mix of food. kinda small and i believe they take resevations. that evening works for us.

Doggone it. That puts me in the out category. I have a previous commitment with the dirt bike club that day.

Best wishes to you Steve. Hope to see you when you return.

Steve,

I'll be out of the country visiting my son during that weekend. See you when you return. wave.gif

SteveHebert

Okay then. It looks like that weekend pretty much sucks for everyone, so let's do it the following weekend on the 5th of April. That will probably be my last weekend here, but I am not sure about that. I will know more when I start my aircraft refresher training.

29th should be ok for me. If your looking for weeknight dining, pm me, I am usually available.

HERE is the BBQ place I was talking about in Cocoa Beach.

lawnchairboy

Steve, I would have guessed you would have been over in Tampa near the MacDill SOC neck of the woods prior to departure.... have a good trip and see you when you get back...

Steve -

Taking our PMs public, I'd love to join in on the fun for a din-din on the 5th. We can talk politics with Steve, as I'm not yet clear which side of the political spectrum he's in. Suz'anne can referee.

In. thumbsup.gif

SteveHebert

Okay then, let's plan something for Saturday afternoon/evening on the 5th. I know that the JAX crowd will be busy but what the heck. I will find a good place around here and post it soon.

Chris, I am totally civilian on this one, so no SpecOps involvement this time.

See everyone that can make it on the 5th!

...or coffee..

My wife and i met Steve at a local sbux later last saturday evening upon his return to town. Take it you slept well steve?

steve.foote

Works for me, Jake. Maybe we can find a black and white striped shirt for Suz'anne. grin.gif

Silvia and I are planning on making this a little getaway weekend. Any hotel recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Steve, we look forward to seeing you guys.

I'd try the Sheraton Four Points on Cocoa Beach. You can buy a Ron Jon surfboard and a Starbucks latte all without leaving the hotel. We went through there during a mad search for caffeine a few months ago, and their breakfast buffet looked up to snuff. If you want to stay directly on the beach, choose another. Most of the hotels in there are fairly old time surfside places.

steve.foote

Thanks Jake. Back in the Eighties, I stayed in Cocoa Beach twice while attending training on the Pershing II missile system. It will be fun to go back.

SteveHebert

Jake,

Do you want to try that Thai place you know in Cocoa? If not, you locals need to offer up some suggestions.

SteveHebert

Thanks Richard. That is one heck of a menu! Sounds like a great place to me. Any other thoughts?

Can you trust a guy who can't even post a few pics of his new ride?!! Yes, evidently, Richard hasn't steered me wrong yet!

Scooterbrained

I agree on the World Famous Dixie Crossroads. I ate there a few weeks ago. First time I had Rock Shrimp in about 20+ years. Those broiled baby lobsters were excellent. We used to be able to buy them at a seafood market in Jacksonville but they dried up.

Marty

dinner or late afternoon we're in thumbsup.gif ...lunch can't make it. bncry.gif

ps..only been to dixie crossroads once... locals consider it more of a tourist place than a local hangout, but then again titusville, well is titusville.. not passing judgement just making a comment.

SteveHebert

Sounds like this will work for everyone. I appreciate the local input. Let's plan for a 3pm dinner. Randy, can you get a headcount here and give them a heads up on how many we will have?

See everyone there.

could we bump it back a little? Some of us coming from the tech day won't be able to get that big of a headstart...

just what we need another Tallman. smirk.gif

Hell none of your bikes will be running after the techcraze just hop in your yugo and motor on down!

i'm putting the yugo in the bed of my truck as a spare in case we break down or run out of gas. Kind of like a lifeboat wave.gif

Richard, you can't even post pictures man, you think I'm gonna let you work on my motorcycle? lmao.gif

Archived