IGNORED

I need to learn how to use MapSource with my 2610

brianbmw

I bought a used Garmin 2610. I have the latest mapsource software but i have no clue how to use it. I want to be able to make routes and download them into my GPS. Can someone tell me where to start?

I bought a used Garmin 2610. I have the latest mapsource software but i have no clue how to use it. I want to be able to make routes and download them into my GPS. Can someone tell me where to start?

Brian, I am not that familiar with the 2610 but am with Mapsource..

You might click on the link below & sign in.. That is a Zumo site but it has a lot of very good Mapsource info on that site.. The Mapsourse info will be very good but you will have to talk to a 2610 owner to understand how to load the mapping info into your 2610..

Zumo Forums

Twisty

I do all my mapping on the computer using Streets and trips. I then download all the waypoints to the 2610, and let the 2610 do the routing from waypoint to waypoint. Did your 2610 come with the city navigator maps already loaded to the memory card (it would have to be a 2gb card to hold all the US). If not, then the first thing you need to do is get a 2gb card and put the city navigator maps on it using the USB cable.

just start playing with mapsource on your computer. use the manual and follow instructions. i like to set up waypoints (or via points) and set the route along the way. sometimes i let the gps do the work, but only if i have a clue where i'm going. it's all a matter of playing with it.

Archived