IGNORED

Canadian Roads

jimfastcar

I picked this book up a year ago, but just got around to reading it this winter. I really liked it. I have riden or driven many of the areas that Max suggests and agree completely with what he says about the roads. There were a few roads that he left off that surprised me (Icefields Parkway in Alberta for example) but it does make a great coast to coast trip. I'm in the process of mapping his route in Mapsource now, but its going to take some time...he really gets off the beaten track. Max has been at the January bike show in Toronto the past couple of years and is a great guy to talk to. He has other books about riding as well.

Jim

...it does make a great coast to coast trip. I'm in the process of mapping his route in Mapsource now

I don't have the book but will be traveling from Sault Ste. Marie to Ottawa this summer. I'd be curious what route is suggested. I've traveled that stretch of highway 17 many times and I don't think there are too many alternate routes. I'd appreciate it if someone with the book would check that for me.

Thanks

He describes a route on Hwy 17 betwen SaultSteMarie and Wawa to Chapleau

He also talks about Hwy 11 as an option to 17

There are also some rides on the other side of the province

I will send you an email...

Archived