IGNORED

Scala Rider Team set on Sale at Ridegear

hopz

That's a descent price. I think I paid $159 around Christmas time through them.

My wife an I are still on the learning curve, but overall we're happy. We were riding home yesterday (freak 80F weather in Iowa) and she called some friends of ours and conferenced me in. Pretty cool. We're cruising down the road at 60mph making dinner plans. The boom could be a little longer. It's about a 1/2" short on the RF1000, and 1" short on my wife's Multitech.

Hmm, will that work with the BMW Nav 3 as far as reciving the turn by turn directions? Looks like a good set up.

I'm not sure. It's communication protocols are set-up for recieving phone calls, not general audio. I'm hoping the technology matures and is more flexible and pairing with different devices so you could also pipe in some music from an i-pod connected ot a bluetooth transmitter.

Hmm, will that work with the BMW Nav 3 as far as reciving the turn by turn directions? Looks like a good set up.

I have the Scala Rider Teamset paired with my Zumo, I can get the gps directions as well as mp3's (in mono) and make phone calls. The passanger can be brought into the phone conversations and can also hear the mp3's.

It works really well for phone conversations but I am not impressed with it's intercom ability.

We can use it bike to bike as well, but we have to stay pretty close.

Andy.

I have the Scala Rider Teamset paired with my Zumo, I can get the gps directions as well as mp3's (in mono) and make phone calls. The passanger can be brought into the phone conversations and can also hear the mp3's.

It works really well for phone conversations but I am not impressed with it's intercom ability.

We can use it bike to bike as well, but we have to stay pretty close.

Andy.

Cool, now I know what my next GPS unit will be.

What don't you like about the intercom function?

I did not write that post, but I do have the Team Set and use it regularly.

My wife and I use the intercom and like it. It has its quirks, but all told it is a keeper. You have the choice of using VOX, voice activation of the intercom, or leaving it on all the time. We like to leave it on... supposedly reduces battery life but we have never run it down.

I wish it had more volume but it works fine up to the Arrest Me speeds.

The navigation directions from the zumo are great, no problem whatsoever. As he said the mp3 from the zumo are in mono and frankly I never use it for that. (The sound quality of the mp3 on the zumo SD card in the car is really good however- with the car speakers involved.)

The telephone via the zumo is the best funtion of all. My Motorola V3m synchs immediately and all the phone functions operate well. Call history, phone book, missed call list etc. It is now normal for me to call while tooling down the highway. Love it.

What else?

My wife and I use the intercom and like it. It has its quirks, but all told it is a keeper. You have the choice of using VOX, voice activation of the intercom, or leaving it on all the time. We like to leave it on... supposedly reduces battery life but we have never run it down.

I wish it had more volume but it works fine up to the Arrest Me speeds.

As Hopz indicated the intercom can be VOX operated, but we have not had any luck with that. To get it to turn on I have to yell so loud that I get a headach! Not to mention my wife can hear me yell! Once it turns on it is ok but the volume is low, it adjusts itself to ambient noise but we still feel it is too low. The sound quality of the intercom is poor, sounds like the frequency response is limited for the intercom, I have a hard time understanding my wife, lots of "what did you say?". We leave the intercom in the on state like Hopz said, but it seems to turn off by itself ocasionally and then my wife has to push the button on her unit to get it back into the always on state, something only the passanger can do!

The strange thing is that the phone conversations are perfect! Much louder than the intercom, and very clear. No one can tell that I am calling from my bike. When the passenger is brought into the phone conversation it's quality is much like the intercom. It's hard for me and the person on the other end of the phone to understand the passenger.

The strange thing is you can never tell, sometimes it works ok, and then in the middle of a trip it will change and become hard to hear.

I returned the first set as I thought it might be defective but this one is no different.

We have the headsets currently installed in Shoei Multitechs and find that the boom mic could be a little longer, but we had the same sound quality issues when they were installed in full face helmets that allowed the unit to be mounted closer to the front of the helmet.

If the intercom worked as well as the phone interface we would be very happy with it.

When I bought it I got it for the intercom more than the phone functions. I am now thinking of changing to an autocom to get a clearer more reliable intercom.

Andy.

Archived