IGNORED

Prince Harry on motorcycle in Afghanistan

NoHeat

Just an interesting photo of Prince Harry in his free time while on duty in the British army in Afghanistan:

hp2-29-08i.jpg

The bbc website has a video showing somebody pushing him around to get the old bike started, then the prince using his feet to stop because the bike didn't have brakes. He never went very fast.

Dave McReynolds

News article this morning or yesterday that he is being sent home because of the publicity. He was apparently able to avoid notice until photos such as the above started appearing on the web, and then the British Govt apparently thought he would become too much of a target. Prince Harry had apparently threatened to resign from the army if they wouldn't deploy him with his unit.

The latest news is that he is on his way back to the UK. The main concern is that he would be a highly prized target for the Taleban, placing all the soldiers in his unit at higher risk.

I admire his determination to carry out service as an ordinary soldier following in his family tradition. His uncle, Prince Andrew, was a naval helicopter pilot during the Falklands war and his grandfather, Prince Philip, served on several warships during WWII.

Andy

BBC news story

Andy

Thanks primarily to 'The Drudge Report', Harry is headed home against his wishes. It just put him and his unit at too high of a risk.

It's a stretch to consider Matt Drudge a journalist, giving him the protection of 'Freedom of the Press', but the publication of this, or any other unit's movements in wartime is a heinous act. For the sake of 'a scoop' Drudge and other journalists place people in more danger than they already are subjected to.

Put a helmet on that soldier, trooper!

You'd think his combat helmet would be better than nothing.

Anyway, the lack of a helmet drew my attention to the length of his hair. The British and US armies must have different standards for haircuts.

Paul Mihalka
Just an interesting photo of Prince Harry in his free time while on duty in the British army in Afghanistan:

hp2-29-08i.jpg

The bbc website has a video showing somebody pushing him around to get the old bike started, then the prince using his feet to stop because the bike didn't have brakes. He never went very fast.

I think he is having fun. This is probably a thing he couldn't do at home grin.gif
Put a helmet on that soldier, trooper!

You'd think his combat helmet would be better than nothing.

Anyway, the lack of a helmet drew my attention to the length of his hair. The British and US armies must have different standards for haircuts.

You got that right. That's nothing new.

hp2-29-08i.jpg

I think he is having fun. This is probably a thing he couldn't do at home grin.gif

"Grams, Daddy says I can have a motorbike as long as you say it's OK. So can I? Pleeeeeeeeeze?" grin.gif

Archived